-2-

the atreides ship had left caladan no less than a few hours ago

the atreides ship had left caladan no less than a few hours ago. the feeling was rather bittersweet for paul, leaving his home.

paul closed his eyes, seeing the girl on arrakis again.

she smiled at him and held out her hand. but before he could reach his hand out too, his vision was rudely cut off by someone yelling "shield!" ordering every person in the craft. further meaning they had arrived on arrakis.

house atreides all aligned with the door, ready to see their new home world. ready for what's to come. leto looked at jessica, smiled, and grabbed her hand. jessica looked back at him with loving eyes. paul just stared forward, having no hand to hold.

the metallic door creaked as it opened, and dust and sand came flying in. leto looked at paul, and paul smiled at him.

"my lungs taste the past air of time and sand." gurney mumbles as the pipebag player began playing a ceremonial song.

moments into the playing, as if on cue, house atreides walked forward in an unsynchronized pace.

paul looked around at his surroundings as they exited the spacecraft. there were already many house atreides members everywhere, prepared for their arrival. house atreides flags everywhere, and an endless horizon of sand.

"thufir hawat!" paul yelled jogging towards the man himself.

"young master, how does it feel to walk in a new world?" he asked.

"exciting to say the least." paul replies moving out of the way for his father.

"my lord." thufir bows.

"how are you old friend?" leto says slapping his shoulder.

thufir responds with "my advanced team has secured the city, we're still smoothing out a few rough spots."

leto smiles and walks off revealing lady jessica in her golden outfit.

"my lady." thufir says.

"lisan-al-gaib!" a fremen woman yells from the large crowd.

then the chanting began. "lisan-al-gaib! lisan-al-gaib! lisan-al-gaib!" this caught paul's attention. he looked into the crowd. so many blue eyes staring. he thought as their chants continued.

they approached an ornithopter. "don't be fooled by the welcome, they follow their old masters rules, mandatory attendance. that's harkonnen love out there." thufir hawat says guiding them into the jet

"let's get you out of the sun, the heat can kill out here." thufir says from the pilot's seat.

the wings of the ornithopter spread out and start an up and down motion.