-20-

the bene gesserit stormed into the room full of fremen soldiers whom had just returned from battle

a fremen places a throne down for jessica to sit in.

as chani and mili walked in, they received many praises and pats on the shoulder which they gratefully returned.

once they made it to the front of the crowd they could see paul walking up to the open window overlooking the vast desert.

as paul looked up, he noticed multiple ships rapidly flying in to arrakis.

"the great houses." he lowly says. "gurney it's time, bring the prisoners." he tells.

"my lord." gurney says before going off.

paul looks behind him and locks eyes with mili. he holds eye contact before he slowly approaches her.

"i want you to know.. i will love you as long as i breathe." he lightly says.

mili tightens her jaw and flutters her eyes trying to resist her urges to kiss him.

"i cannot pretend any longer." she whispers.

"i cannot pretend like i do not love you, like you aren't the only thing i live for and certainly not like i hate you. i cannot pretend, paul." she rapidly says.

"i love you." she breathes.

paul leans in and kisses her, ignoring all the staring eyes.

he pulls away and rests his forehead against hers as the doors open, signifying the gurney has brought the emperor.

he holds eye contact before turning to look at the now prisoner emperor, along with the reverend mother who had mentally burnt paul's hand not long ago.

"there is a massed armada in orbit." the emperor says.

the reverend mother turns to look at the new reverend mother, jessica.

"you're facing a full invasion, fremen!" the emperor continues.

mili darkens her stare at the pathetic man.

"how can you be so sure the great houses are here for me?" paul says to the man.

he slowly walks up to the emperor and the other prisoners. "they may be curious to hear my side of the story, don't you think?" he continues.

"i am paul atreides. son of leto atreides. duke of arrakis." paul sternly speaks while the emperor looks down.

"gurney." paul turns. "my lord." gurney replies. "send a warning to all ships. if the great houses attack, our atomics will obliterate all spice fields." he says. gurney nods.

princess irulan looks at her father with concern. he just looks at paul like he's crazy. "are you out of your mind?" the emperor asks.

"he's bluffing." feyd-rautha rasps.