-12-

the sound of boots against sand mixed with quiet

the sound of boots against sand mixed with quiet. whispers filled the cavern as they approached sietch tabr

paul looked up at the rocks and noticed a shadow moving, he directed his attention to the other side of the cavern and saw another shadow move. fremen.

one fremen perched up on the rock gave a disapproving glare to the outsiders

another jumped down towards stilgar and spoke something in fremen.

"he's asking why we're so late." mili yells paul.

they continue speaking in fremen. the fremen man glares at paul.

"he thinks your spies." chani says.

"he also says you're not welcome here." chani continues

"i got that. thanks." paul says, smiling a little

chani just looks at the boy before huffing and turning her attention away.

stilgar gives the group a look before continuing to the sietch.

-

as paul walked into the sietch, he couldn't help but notice the intricate designs engraved into the walls. some being art, some being words. it was beautiful.

he looks at mili to see her smiling too, she was finally home after however many years.

"sietch tabr." stilgar introduces.

as they walk closer to the main room, voices grow louder. but once they enter, they stop. all eyes on them and their white eyes.

stilgar waves his hands saying something in fremen. then jamis's body is brought out and that's when the angry voices started.

some were screaming at the outsiders, others were just wailing at the sight of jamis being wrapped up.

some yelled. "you killed jamis!" while others yelled "spies!" or "witch!" to the two.

mili desperately holds on to paul's hand, fearful he'll be whisked away from her amongst the crowd.

however, amongst the sorrowful and angry cries, the words "Lisan-al-Gaib!" could be heard. their chants growing.

"mahdi!" one yells in paul's face. paul just stares blankly. soaking it all in.

-

everyone sat around the sietch, eating their meals. mili devouring hers as she hadn't ate in the past few days.