-4-

everyone stood in a circle in their newly worn stillsuits

dr. liet kynes and mili stood around them, momentarily blocking the sand and spice flying through the air.

paul looked at mili. he found himself doing this more often than not. her hair blew in the wind like caladan's current pushes and pulls water.

"the judges of change, sire. dr. liet kynes and mili L/N." gurney introduces.

"my lord duke. welcome to arrakis." liet says bowing her head.

"you're the imperial ecologist? thank you, both, for the stillsuits." paul says.

"they are fremen make. the best." mili smiles at him.

"with your permission, sire i must check the integrity of your suit-" liet says being cut off as multiple knifes are held to her neck.

"woah..it's alright. we're in your hands dr. kynes." leto says tapping gurneys shoulder.

liet huffs and side eyes gurney.

liet checks letos suit snd mili checks paul's.

paul hated to admit how he liked the way her hands felt on him.

"a stillsuits a high-efficiency filtration system. even this early in the morning, you wouldn't survive two hours without one of these." liet says as she fixes letos shoes.

"it cools the body, and recycles water lost to blood, sweat, and tears." mili says as she drags her hand across paul's chest, checking the filter.

he closes his eyes and tilts his head back revealing his sharp jawline.

"you've worn a stillsuit before?" mili asks paul causing him to open his eyes. "no this is a first" he smiles. "your desert boots are fitted slip fashion at the ankles though, where'd you learn that?" mili asks

"seemed the right way" paul responds.

"he shall know your ways as though born to them." mili says in fremen language.

"you're fremen?" paul says astonished. "i am accepted in both sietch and village.." mili says pulling her hood up once again, feeling insecure.

"now, come and see the spice sands which your livelihood depends." liet says taking the attention off mili.

-

the ornithopters flew through the unforgiving desert. everyone stared in awe at the endless horizon full of sandy ridges and lush spice beds.

"what would you do if your ornithopter went down out here?" paul asks in curiosity.

"you wouldn't want to go down out there. it's worm territory." mili says

"dust cloud!" gurney says

"i see it." leto replies.

"that's one of your spice harvesters." mili consoles.