-15-

paul watches through binoculars as the fremen laser shoot through hatkonnen spice crawlers before they even get the chance to land

his now blue eyes watching carefully as the two crawlers fall to the ground, exploding as they make impact.

-

they were now sat in a tent, sleeping the night away. paul groans in his sleep, twisting and turning. "usul? usul!" mili says rubbing paul's back, gently waking him. he muffles out a groan as he sits up.

"it's okay. it's okay. i'm here." mili consoles. paul places a hand on her cheek as his eyes well up with tears.

"it's been awhile since you had one of those nightmares. huh?" she says. holding his hand on her face. he groans in response.

"tell me, what was it about?" she asks.

-

a woman, walking in the deep sands of arrakis. leading paul, towards.. something.

"nothings clear. it's only fragments." he begins.

"i'm in the south, and i'm following someone."

the woman's hair blows in the wind.

"and it triggers a holy war."

as the woman walks, thousands of people surround her. groaning and moaning in pain. their stomachs small and their bones practically piercing through their skin.

"millions and millions of people starving to death... because of me." he continues.

a woman falls to the ground and a man screams in pain.

-

paul breathes heavily.

"oh, paul." she hugs him.

"you've been exposed to spice for a long time. it can create weird dreams." she consoles

paul stares at her with sad eyes. 

"it's a big day today, we can cancel-" she begins. "no. i'm fine." he says kissing her forehead.

-

the fremen all settle on the side of a dune, placing their assortment of items down and sitting, ready to watch paul.

paul sand walks on the spice bed with stilgar. "usul." stilgar speaks, reaching behind him to grab something. he pulls out a thumper. "i tuned it myself!" he proudly says. "here." "thanks." paul softly says.

stilgar breathes heavily. "don't try to impress anyone. you are brave. we all know that." stilgar says. "heh? be simple... be.. direct. nothing fancy." stilgar says .

"nothing fancy." paul repeats.

"hey! i'm serious. nothing fancy or you will shame my teachings." stilgar says.