-5-

paul stood in his bedroom alongside his mother

paul stood in his bedroom alongside his mother. dr yueh and mili. dr yueh gently presses his fingers on paul's back.

"spice is a psychoactive chemical. you seem to be sensitive." dr yueh concludes.

"he'll be fine." he finishes. mili sighs in relief. why does she even care this much?

"thank you dr. yueh." jessica adds. dr yueh nods then leaves.

paul waits for him to leave then blurts, "that wasn't an allergic reaction."

mili kneels down in front of him and holds his hand. "what was it paul?" she asks.

"i had a vision.. my eyes were wide open." he says finally looking up to the white eyed girl. "what did you see?" jessica asks. paul continues to stare at mili as he remembers the vision.

-

paul looks up and sees a faceless girl in a white dress striding the thick sands of arrakis.

the sun blaring in front of her and leading him to something.

he follows. and she turns around revealing her beautiful face. mili.

she leads him to a rather large dune and once he looks over the dune he sees an endless ocean. waves crashing onto the desert sand. mili holds his hand and runs with him towards the water.

"kwisatz haderach" a distant voice says

paul and mili are very close now. and she leans in only to pierce his heart with her very own crysknife. blood running down his chest.

paul looks at her with betrayal before falling to his knees and his vision blurs.

-

"its confusing. i thought i saw my death. only it wasn't." paul says to the two.

"i know someone is important. at some point she will give me a blade. but i don't know when, or where." he whispers knowing damn well
who.

mili squeezes his hand. "some things though are crystal clear i can feel it." paul looks at his mother.

"i know you're pregnant." he says to her.

jessica looks shocked she takes a step back, holding her stomach.

"you can't know that, i barley even know that. it's only been a few weeks." she says.

mili looks at her and paul gives her a half smile. jessica swiftly walks out of the room with tears in her eyes leaving paul and mili.

"paul" she whispers going in to hug his side. as a result, he wraps a arm around her shoulder too.

-

the sun had just set leaving a cool breeze to gust through the halls.

paul sat on his knees string staring at the bull figurine infront of him, thinking hard.

he was knocked out of his thoughts with a bang on his door. he stood up and walked toward the door to crack it slightly open only to see the figure of mili.

"kwisatz haderach." a distant voice speaks.

"what?" he asks as a light approaches them enlightening milis face.

"mili? what's going on" he said as he opened his door completely. "I'm just here to check on you."  she smiles. he just stares at her for a moment too long. "uhm- i'll go now." she says stepping backwards.

"wait-" he says.

"yes, paul?" she asks him.

"please stay, just tonight." he says. "oh, of course." she steps back towards him and he steps aside letting her in his room.

"mili?" paul asks her sitting on his bed.

"what's up?" she asks.

"can i ask you this?" he asks.

"anything." she breathes.

"please don't answer if you're uncomfortable, but why aren't your eyes blue?" he blurts rapidly.

she sighs. "i knew that would come up sooner or later." she says.

"please, if you're uncomfortable do not answer." he says standing quickly.

"while my mother was pregnant with me she heard voices, just like you do. one voice told her to drink something, i forgot what it was called. it was something like 'the water of life'.

a pregnant woman stands in a cave. distorted voices echoing off the walls saying "drink". the woman lifts the blue water and downs it in seconds. almost immediately, she falls to her knees and her fingernails scrape against the sandy stone as she screams in agony.

"she drank it and died." mili says.

"somehow, i survived. and was born with eyes like yours. white and E/C in the center." she says finishing her story. paul just stares. "mili, im so sorry-" mili cuts him off. "my real name is Y/N."

"what?" he says. "Y/N, my name is Y/N. mili is just my fedaykin name." she finishes. "Y/N" he whispers testing it on his tongue.

she just looks deeply in his eyes as he slowly walks towards her. "Y/N L/N" he quietly says causing her to look down and blush intensely.

"don't look away." he says tilting her chin up.

he begins to lean but then a knock on the door interrupts the moment. he clears his throat and steps back a few feet.

dr. yueh walks in with two trays with medications and water on it. "your nightly meds young master and mili." he says as he places the trays down before leaving.

paul walked up to he tray and immediately took the meds with no question. mili felt off about it but still followed suit.

-

the night was young and paul lied tangles in his bed sheets with with mili. she had meant for the pillow barrier to work, but somehow she ended up on his chest with their legs interlocked. it was comfy, to say the least.

but that moment unfortunately wouldn't last forever.

-928 words-