-16-

bare chests lied flush against eachother as they each heaved heavily, catching their breathes

mili, on top of paul brushes one of his flyaway hairs away. "will you always be with me?" she asks in fremen.

"as long as i breathe." he whispers looking up at her white eyes.

"what's wrong?" he asks as he senses somthing wrong. mili advices the question by going to kiss his neck. "mili-" he breathes.

"there will be trouble.." she whispers as she lowers herself down on him again. "what are you talking about?" he asks. mili breathes heavily. "mili. what do you mean?" he asks again.

"the way they look at you." she says.

"they worship you now."

she strokes his forehead. "the fedaykin count your victories. they say you can see the future.. the lisan-al-gaib." she breathes, still catching her breath.

"i'm no messiah." paul speaks brushing one of her hairs behind her ears. "i'm a fedaykin.." he breathes heavily. "of sietch tabr." he finishes.

"yeah but we have a bene gesserit among us.. fanning the flames of the legend saying you're the one." mili says.

paul looks up at the sky and lets out a long sigh.

-

a thumper rhythmically tapped against the deserts sands as fremen prepared to head south. mili stood next to paul who stood next to his mother. they each spoke nothing. an awkward silence filling their space.

"reverend mother! your palanquin is ready!" a fremen yells.

jessica looks at paul. "she says you should be coming with us." she says referring to the baby in her stomach.

"you know i can't." he says.

"she's asking why?" she says.

"because i must continue fighting north to protect you down their in the south." he replies.

"she says she can tell when you lie.." jessica says.

"tell her that's because our mother keeps spreading dangerous tales." he says.

jessica pauses for a moment causing paul to look on her direction. "what is she saying now?" mili asks.

"she says you're each blinded by love. and she reminds paul he must reserve his hand for the most strategic alliance." jessica says causing milis heart to break a little. paul senses this and grabs her hand.

"she's also wondering why you don't believe in who you are?" jessica asks paul.

"i do believe. i believe i matter to these people." paul speaks causing mili to smile.

he pauses. "i believe in making a difference in this war." he continues.

"we're nearly at the gates of the city." paul explains. "that's not what she means-"