-19-

mili stood in her room, her walls were engraved with designs and ancient words

mili stood in her room, her walls were engraved with designs and ancient words. she stuffed an assortment of items in a bag, frantically packing. jessica stood in the shadows, watching.

"you're heading north with the others?" jessica asks.

"i'm fedaykin. i follow my leaders. if fighting goes north i go north." mili says.

"paul didn't have a choice, mili-"

"i won't be fighting for him. i'm fighting for my people." mili sternly says.

she looks away and continues to pack her bags.

"he loves you, you know." jessica speaks.

mili looks up and puts her bag over her shoulder. "yeah, i love him too but look where that's gotten us." she sadly says.

as she walks pasts jessica her shoulder bumps into jessica's.

-

the fremen and paul watch as a silver orb rapidly flies into the atmosphere. paul looks up with binoculars.

"well he took the bait." gurney says.

paul looks over in the direction of a small sandstone mountain as a sandstorm consumes its visual. "oh, the emperor's very obliging. he's right on time." paul says.

"as you foresaw, muad'dib. a great grandmother of a storm." stilgar says referring to the rapidly approaching storm.

-

the emperors reflective ship flies over arakeen in the direction of where everyone was at. smaller, swifter ships flew below them. each one filled with sardaukar.

paul watches as all their ships land and as the emperors ship hovers over the harkonnens temple. "he brought his whole army." a fremen says.

paul sighs and turns around to get a breath. as he does so, he is met face to face with mili.

"paul." mili monotonously says.

"y/n." he whispers.

paul grabs milis arm and attempts to whisk her into a hug. but not before she can harshly push him away.

"fuck you." mili says with seriousness laced in her tone.

paul just steps closer to her.

"fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!" she repeats as she backs into a wall.

"can i kiss you?" paul asks.

"please." mili begs

he leans in and connects their lips in a short, sweet kiss.

mili pulls away, "i just don't understand why you'd do that.." she sadly says.

"you will." he leans in again.

-

"when the storm hits this ridge," paul points to a map. "gurney will open the way for you, stilgar. so you can enter the basin from the west and distract their defense systems." he says as his finger drags across the map.