-17-

the moon was high in the sky and mili and paul lied flush together, resting

the moon was high in the sky and mili and paul lied flush together, resting. paul tossed and twitched  in his sleep, envisioning a nightmare, however.

-

mili ran toward the top of a dune, breathing heavily as she went to look at something.

a large bomb goes off casting a bright hue across the planets sky.

paul runs after her, feeling the heat of the bomb against his skin. once he reaches her, she falls into his grasp.

he holds her, staring at her now burnt and peeling away skin.

-

paul wakes up and immediately notices the absence of mili. he runs out of the tent and looks desperately for mili. he can hear a multitude of bombs off in the distance.

"what the hell?!" gurney yells.

"mili!" he yells desperately looking for her.

he turns around and sees mili standing on top of the dune, staring at the bombs just like in the dream. he runs toward her.

"mili!" he yells again. as he runs up the dune.

once he fully ascent the dune, he immediately grabs milis face, looking for any injury. "mili.." he breathes. she can only stare at the bombs in the distance. paul too, turns around to look.

"sietch tabr." paul whispers causing mili to sob. she puts her head into his neck and paul wraps a arm around her, comforting her as she sobs.

-

all injured fremen sit under a large tarp as other fremen come to their aid.

"they're all gone!" one woman yells causing mili to scrunch her face in sadness. "they're all dead!" she continues.

"the whole north has been hit." chani says turning the radio.  "there is a call for a war council in the south." she continues.

"every leader must attend." she finishes.

"muad'dib. they're waiting for you." she then says  causing paul to lower his head and close his eyes.

-

a man in the south, screaming as his ribcage protrudes from his skin. starving.

then mili falling into his arms as her face burns off.

-

paul opens his eyes and looks up at mili.

"usul, in the south.. only leaders are allowed to speak." stilgar says.

"you must take me place." he continues.

"i can't do that-" paul says but is cut off by stilgar. "this- this is a good time to cross blades with me! i am.. weak. i am an easy kill." he says, blood pouring from his head.