Confusion

It's been about a month since that day where the girls came to help me unpack, and me and Leah started our game. To be honest, the longer it's been going on, the harder it's been to resist her. I'm confused, confused on whether I actually like her or this is just a phase after my recent break up. I was sitting on the sofa when I thought about all the times me and Leah teased each other.

Flashback:

"Alright let's do some set pieces", Jonas called out as a few of us made our way into the box and Beth headed towards the corner.

Leah did her usual stance as she bent over and placed her hands on her knees. I took this as my opportunity and walked up behind her. I placed my hand on her lower back, inching lower towards her ass until she stood up and moved away from me but I could see the redness coating her ears. This was all just harmless, right?

Another training session, another chance for me and Leah to tease each other. During a match, me and Leah were on opposite teams and she was marking me.

When the ball was in the other half, Leah took this as a chance to distract me. She was standing behind me as she slid one of her hands around my waist to my stomach. She slipped her pinky finger under the waistband of my shorts as it felt like my whole body was on fire at the skin on skin contact until she pulled away.

"Quit it", I scolded her as she smirked at me.

"Say please", she grinned as I just shoved her.

The teasing continued during training, team bonding days, nights out, and pretty much anytime we were together but I started to pull away when I became confused on how I felt. And of course Leah noticed.

Flashbacks over:

We had a light training session today and a session in the gym before our opening league game against Chelsea tomorrow. We beat Slavia Praha 3-0 last week in our first leg against them in the second round of the champions league. I still haven't got any minutes yet but I'm new, so I have to earn it.

I was on my way to lunch before the gym session when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a closet.

"What the fuck", I said angrily as I gave Leah a shove.

"You're avoiding me", Leah said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sorry I'm not obsessed with you", I spat as she tilted her head at me.

"Drop the attitude"

"Who the fuck do you think you are, Williamson?"

"Calm down, Liv", Leah said sternly making me let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Trust me, this is calm, now leave me the fuck alone", I said going to walk around her before she moved to stand in front of me.

"Are you trying to piss me off?"

"What's going on with you? You've been distant"

"We aren't friends, Williamson, you think I'm another one of those girls who will throw themselves at you when given some attention but I'm not", liar. I cannot let her think she's won, I can't be one of those girls. I won't.

"I hate you, so leave me alone", I said lowly as a look I haven't seen before flashed through her eyes before her face hardened a second later. She just clenched her jaw before moving to the side and letting me leave. Nice one, Liv.

After eating lunch and being interrogated by Less, the 2 of us made our way to the gym. We walked in and made our way to the leg press first. I let Less go first as I watched on until my gaze was averted elsewhere. Leah and Jordan. Both of them obviously flirting with one another and I could feel nothing but jealousy. I hate her for making me feel like this.

"Liv? Are you okay?", Less asked as she had finished her set and was now standing in front of me. She followed my line of sight to Leah and Jordan before looking back at me sympathetically.

"What's wrong with me?", I whispered as Less looked at me sadly and pulled me in for a hug.

"Nothing is wrong with you, Liv", Less said as she smiled softly at me, "come here", she said pulling me into the bathrooms.

"Why do I feel like this, Less?", I asked with teary eyes.

"It's okay to feel like this, Liv, it's normal-"

"It's not normal, I'm not supposed to like girls, he said I'm not supposed to like girls", I sobbed.

"Oh, Liv", Less said as she pulled me into her chest.

"It's okay to like her, Liv", Less whispered.

"I told her I hate her, I fucked it before it even started"

"You should talk to her-"

"I can't, what if she doesn't like me back? This past month we've been teasing and flirting with each other but it didn't mean anything, it was just a game"

"How do you know if you don't try?"

"I don't think I could handle the rejection, Less"

"Okay, it's your decision", she whispered. We stood in silence for a minute before I splashed some water on my face and we returned to the gym.

The whistle blown to signal halftime with the score 1-1 after Cuthbert equalised before half time. Jonas told me I'd be getting minutes in the second half and my nerves were through the roof but it's been a good distraction from Leah.

The second half soon started and Beth scored a goal in the 49th minute to make it 2-1 making me and the rest of the subs bench jump up and celebrate.

Jonas told me to warm up and said he was subbing me in for Viv in the 55th minute. I stood at the sidelines and watched as Viv made her way towards me.

"Good luck kid", she said before I ran onto the pitch and took my position. My first touch of the ball came from a pass from Lotte which I then passed to Lia and made a run through the defenders. She played a through ball to me which I ran on to and slotted it into the bottom corner of the net. The fans erupted as I ran to the corner flag and tapped on the crest on my chest. I felt a weight on my back which I knew was McCabe as the rest of the girls joined the huddle. Leah just flat out ignored me but I didn't let it bother me.

The game finished 3-2 and it felt good to get all 3 points. I did a lap of the pitch before trailing behind the rest of the girls into the changing room. Once I walked through, I was being soaked with water from the girls water bottles.

"Drinks tonight, De La Cruz, you in?", Katie said slinging an arm over my shoulder.

"I'm never one to turn down a drink McCabe, count me in", I smirked as she ruffled my hair a little. This is just what I needed.