Chapter 34 : Cook

I wake up groggily on a bed in an unfamiliar bedroom. I slowly sit up, trying to make sense of my surroundings.

"Ugh, where am I?" tanong ko habang minamasahe ang temple ko.

The room is beautiful in its simplicity. It has soft, neutral colors on the walls and natural wood floors. Sunlight fills the space through large windows, making it feel airy and inviting. There's a cozy reading corner with a comfy chair and a small table with fresh flowers. Across the room, there's a clean, uncluttered desk for work. It's a peaceful and serene place to relax. Kaninong kwarto ito?

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I called out as I jumped off the bed. This place is so unfamiliar to me.

Stumbling into the kitchen, still nursing a headache, and freezes upon seeing...Tita Alessia cooking.

"Oh, hey there sleepyhead. You're finally up." she turned around with a surprised expression.

"What... what are you doing here?" I said blinking in confusion.

"Um, making breakfast? What does it look like?" She raises an eyebrow.

"No, I mean, why are you here? Where are we?" I rub my eyes, baka panaginip lang din ito.

She chuckled, "Seriously? We're at my place. You drank a lot last night, so I brought you here"

"Right, right... Sorry, it's all a bit fuzzy." I'm trying to piece together the night before.

"Anyway, Good morning, sleepyhead! Rise and shine! I forgot to greet you a while ago." a tune while flipping pancakes.

"Right hehe..Morning... What's that delicious smell?"

"Just whipping up a little breakfast surprise for my favorite person in the world." Tita's confidentiality said.

favorite person daw?! Ihhh..

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to keel over." She approached me with a concerned look. Feeling ko kasi nagmemelt na ako, OMG!!

She gave me a glass of water and gladly accepted it. "Just a killer headache. I'll survive. Thanks for breakfast, by the way." Syempre kailangan ko magpanggap na maangas ako.

"Of course. I figured you'd need something to help with that hangover. Sit down, I'll finish up here."

"Bahay mo 'to?' pag-iiba ko ng topic. "Yes, this is our home." kinilig ata pekpek ko don!

"Your pancake looks amazing!" ang perfect ng pagkabilog and ang fluffy tingnan.

"Thank you! The first time I tried to make pancakes, I ended up setting off the smoke alarm" She laughed so much about it while looking at the ceiling like she was reminiscing it.

"Really? Akala ko sanay ka na magluto bata ka palang" kasi nagluluto naman siya ng mga breakfast meal sa bahay.

"I was only seven years old, and my five nannies were all trying to teach me." F-five?? For one child?

"Oh wow, five nannies. Sound like sobrang expensive mong bata. What were you trying to cook?" Ako nga isa lang nanny ko e.

"Well, I had this grand idea of making scrambled eggs, because that's what I saw my mom making once. So there I was, standing on a stool in the kitchen, surrounded by my team of five nannies, each giving me conflicting advice."

I chuckled. "Sounds like a recipe for chaos!"

"Exactly! One nanny was telling me to crack the eggs gently, another was instructing me to whisk them vigorously, and the rest were arguing about whether to add milk or not." Ngayon ko lang ata siya nakitang ganto kasaya magkwento na kahit ako ay napapangiti rin. I'm just staring at her while she's telling stories and flipping the pancake.

I enjoy this side of her, para lang siyang bata na nagk-kwento ng magagandang nangyari sa araw niya.

"Edi rambol-rambol kayo non? Hindi magkasunod e" sabi ko habang tumatawa.

"And then, just when I thought I had it all under control, I accidentally dropped the entire carton of eggs on the floor!" Grabe sobrang bubbly niya ngayon, malayong-malayo sa pagkakakilala ko sa kanya.

"Tapos? Hindi ka natakot sa mama mo?" tanong ko.

"I panicked, of course! But my nannies were quick to reassure me that it was okay, and we ended up making a mess of the kitchen but having the time of our lives."

I smile widely. "That sounds like a memorable experience!"

"It was. And you know what? Despite the mess, I felt so proud that I had tried something new and had fun doing it. It's a memory I'll cherish forever." Sobrang laki ng ngiti na at makikitang proud na proud talaga siya.

"That's so sweet. Buti may fun experience ka, even if it didn't go exactly as planned."

"Thanks, baby. And who knows, maybe one day I'll recreate that chaos in the kitchen, but this time, with you by my side." She is extra sweet today.

"Luto na yung pancakes, kain na tayo" nakita ko kasing kanina pa pala walang nakasalang don at nagugutom na rin ako.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" nakakaisang subo palang ako ay ilang ubo na ang napala ko.

"Alin don?" maang-maangan pa ako.

"The confession, my confession." Shit! Alam niya, hindi talaga ako nananaginip noon.

"Ahh..What about it?" mali atang nagtanong pa ako.

"Bakit ka nagseselos kay Loreen?" Aba! Tagalog ang atake parang kanina lang puro ingles ah.

"Ah..Eh.." nagconfess na rin naman ako kagabi, sagad-sagarin ko na. "Naging girlfriend ko si Loreen dati"

Nakita kong nalungkot ang mukha niya, bumagsak ang mga balikat, at inalis ang kamay sa pagkakahawak ng kutsata at tinidor.

"So..that jealousy was for her, do you have feelings pa ba for her? Do you want me to stay away ba? Hindrance ba ako sa inyong dalawa? Oh gosh!!" Hala! Overthinker din pala siya.

"Hey, hey, hey, listen. Wala na akong feelings sa kanya as in zero na. Nagseselos ako sa inyo dahil pinapaiwas mo ako sa kanya dati tapos sabi niya may date siya and nakita ko kayong dalawa na nagd-date sa Starbucks." Nakita kong nanlaki ang mga mata niya at pilit na pinipigilan ang tawa.

"Quit being absurd! I'm the one feeling envious of both of you. You two had such a strong bond, and I can't match that closeness. I envy her." Ohh..kaya pinapalayo niya ako kay Loreen dahil naiinggit siya sa closeness namin.

I closed the distance between us, my hand tenderly cupping her face, our lips mere inches apart. As I saw the surprise flicker in her eyes, I whispered softly, "Do you want to get even closer to our closeness now?"