Chapter 37 : Tita

Paggising ko ng umaga wala na si Tita sa bed, where is she? Maybe she's preparing breakfast for us. Last night was the best night for me, making love, cuddle after.

As I went to the kitchen, she wasn't there. I searched everywhere in the house, but she was nowhere to be found. I kept looking through the rooms until I saw her in Tita Alessia's office with my mom. My mom looked really mad at Tita Alessia. What's going on?

Tita Alessia's voice trembled as she pleaded, "Elyse, please, listen to me. I know this is difficult, but I love Soliel."

Mama's eyes blazed with fury. "Love? Don't you dare speak of love! You've betrayed your wife, your family, and now you want to drag my daughter into your mess?" Wife? Family? All this fucking times, kabit ako? My eyes become blurry.

Tita Alessia's hands shook as she reached out to touch Mama's arm. "I never meant to hurt anyone, especially not Soliel. She's everything to me."

Mama slapped her hand away, tears streaming down her face. "You're delusional! You're just using her to fill the void in your life, just like you did with my sister!" Sister? Naging sila ni Tita Eliana, what the fuck?! I can't help but to sob. Para akong nadudurog sa mga naririnig ko, para akong kandila na nauupos sa mga rebelasyon ngayon.

Tita Alessia recoiled, her own tears mixing with Mama's. "No, that's not true! I've changed, Elyse. I've spent every moment trying to be worthy of her love." I don't know what is love right now, she's been using me to satisfy something within her.

Mama's voice broke as she shook her head in disbelief. "You'll never be worthy of her. You're a liar and a cheat, Alessia. Get out of our lives before you destroy Soliel too!"

I love her, but it hurts so much to hear something like that, because I feel hurt by what we've done to her family. Hindi ko alam na may pamilya siya, bakit nangyari sa akin 'to? Ni minsan hindi ko pinangarap maging kabit!

Tita Alessia's heart shattered at Mama's words, but she refused to back down. "I won't leave her, Elyse. I'll fight for her until my last breath."

Mama's anger turned to despair as she collapsed into a chair, her sobs echoing through the room. "I can't watch you destroy her. I won't."

Tita Alessia knelt beside Mama, her own tears falling freely now. "I promise, I'll do everything in my power to make her happy. Just please, give me a chance."

"You don't deserve her, please let her go."

Nasa pintuan na ako nang biglang masagi ko ang vase sa lamesa, kaya't pareho silang biglang napatingin sa akin. "I'm sorry," sabi ko, habang mabilis na lumabas.

Narinig ko ang kanilang mga boses, sumisigaw ng aking pangalan, ngunit hindi ko sila pinakinggan.

Ang bawat hakbang ko ay nagiging mas mabilis, sa kabila ng malakas na pintig ng aking puso. Parang sa isang iglap, ang galit ko, tila ba binigyan ako kakaibang lakas at determinasyon upang makalabas agad sa bahay niya.

Sinuntok ko ang pader na nakita ko nagbabasakali na mawawala yung sakit na nararamdaman ko, pero hindi, walang kwenta!

Napaupo nalang ako sa isang sulok at humagulgol doon habang nararamdaman ko ang mumunting patak ng ulan tila ba ako'y dinadamayan.

"Siya yung greatest love ni Tita Eliana" Tumingin ako sa taas at inalala ang last usap namin ni Tita Eliana.

"Tita Pretty, do you have a boyfriend?" tanong ko habang naglalaro kami ng clay sa table.

"What do you think?" Tita teasingly said.

"You don't have, you're always with me eh" she pinched my nose.

"Ang cute mo, Solace" she hugged me.

"Hey, Tita! I'm Soliel not Solace! I'm starting to get jealous na, hmp!"

"You're my Solace, baby girl" Panay Solace to si Tita. Nakakainis! "What is Solace ba?" I asked her.

"Comfort. You're my comfort, cutie!" she kissed my cheeks and pinch it after. "Aww. You're hurting me! I'm gonna make sumbong to mommy!"

Tinawanan niya ako, "Sumbungera mo talaga!"

"But I'm not a luxury car, bags, shoes, and make ups!" She laughed even more. "Mas lamang yung comfort na binibigay mo kesa diyan"

"Hmm..pero may boyfriend ka nga? Nililihis mo naman eh!"

"Cute mong bata ka! Yes, I have a lover but she's a girl" nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. "A girl?"

"Yes, I'm gay baby" hindi ko inaasahan yun ah. "What's her name, Tita?"

"Secret" hmp! Secret daw?!!!

"We promise that we will know each other's secret diba?" she sigh and smile.

"Her initial is A" initial lang? Ang daya! "Nameeee"

"Ale--" hindi na natuloy ang sinasabi ni Tita dahil tinawag na kami ni Mommy to eat lunch.

"Bakit parehas pa tayo ng nagustuhan, Tita Eliana. Dahil ba sa kanya kaya ka nawala sakin?" Umiyak ako ng umiyak. Nilibot ko ang aking paningin at nakita ko ang kotse ni Mom, I felt a rush of emotions, like a big wave crashing over me. Tears flowed down my cheeks, making everything foggy as I quickly got into the driver's seat and started the engine.

In the middle of the road, I heard my phone ringing, I picked it up. My hands tightened on the steering wheel as Alessia's voice crackled through the car speakers, her words a painful reminder of the betrayal I couldn't escape.

"I'm sorry, Soliel. Please come back, let me explain myself," Alessia pleaded, her voice laced with desperation.

I hang it up.

The weight of her words hung heavy in the air, mingling with the ache in my chest. How could I go back to her after what she'd done? How could I trust again, knowing that her promises were as fragile as glass?

Pinagmukha niya akong tanga, palagi niyang pinapakita na mahal niya ako pero habang minamahal niya ako, may minamahal din pala siyang iba. Ang sakit, she's my girlfriend and now, my first heartbreak.

Gusto ko lang lumayo, so I pushed harder on the gas pedal, hoping that driving far away would make me feel better.

Ang tanging nais ko lang ay makatakas sa sakit na nararamdaman ko. And in the middle of all that, I found myself lying with my own blood, saying the name of the person I love and began to see blackness.