⸻ TWENTY-TWO ⸻

Things were never smooth between Lex and me, but we have now reached another level

Things were never smooth between Lex and me, but we have now reached another level. If it wasn't for the ache lingering between my legs, I might believe I imagined last night.

I'm so reluctant to talk to him that I stay stuck for an hour over a glitch I can't fix. But the stakes are too high now, so I swallow back my pride and ask. When the problem eludes him, too, I feel less stupid. After a few unsuccessful minutes, he gets his chair to settle beside me. And that's enough to hijack my brain.

Those damn glasses. I can't get over how sexy and nerdy brainiac-Lex looks.

His scent surrounds me, and the smell of his skin is intoxicating. Every time he types something, I glimpse at his powerful hands, remembering his fingers have been inside me. Behind his glasses, his eyes are focused on the lines of commands on the screen before us. He looked at me with matching intensity when he extracted shameful confessions out of me, taunting me with an incoming orgasm.

It's hard to keep in mind that we're at work when twelve hours ago, we were naked and panting, enjoying each other's body to bliss.

Just like with drugs, habituation slowly came in, and I'm able to get back into the game after some time. We end up working side by side for most of the morning. Undeniably, the combined power of our brains makes things incredibly faster.

We're still elbow-deep into it when my phone vibrates in my back pocket. When I pull it out, the notification is displayed. So???? How good was it? You sneak—

Mortified, I rapidly hide it and take a quick look at Lex to ensure he didn't see anything. He's still paying attention to the script, and I hope he didn't read my correspondence with Kate this time.

"Do you mind if we take a break? I'm starving, and I need to air out my brain," I suggest since it's lunchtime.

He removes his glasses before rubbing his eyes, seemingly as desperate for a break as I am. "Sure. I'll keep working for a moment. I feel like we're almost good here." With that said, he stretches his neck left and right, making it crack.

Once in the safety of the hallway, I dare to open Kate's message. So???? How good was it? You sneaky little biatch! I didn't know you were going to take that leap.

Why is it that I have to justify myself left and right? First to Tammy and now to Kate. I didn't know it would happen, either. I message back.

Tens steps later, her response comes in. I need details. Omg, DD, you did it!

It's hardly an accomplishment. Over 70,000 people are having sex at any given time.

Don't get all nerdy on me. HOW WAS IT???

I don't want her to read into things too much. Great. The man knows a lot about the female anatomy. There. It's accurate, efficient, and impersonal. Kate doesn't need to hear much more than this.