⸻ THIRTY-ONE ⸻

The drive to my place is a silent one

The drive to my place is a silent one. Some tension lingers in the air, but I'm unsure if it's because of the argument or the incoming sex. Lex parks close to my building, and I hesitate for a second.

"Do you want to come in rather than wait in the car?" I offer.

He nods without a word, and we exit his car. On our way up, I nervously try to remember the state of the apartment. My bedroom is a little messy, but the living area should be alright, apart from Tamika's makeup still on the coffee table.

I unlock the door with a slightly trembling hand and push it wide open, inviting Lex to enter. He steps in, looking around with curiosity.

"So, living room, kitchen, those doors are Tamika, bathroom, me," I tell him. It's weird to have him in the safe haven of my home. He goes to the shelf where I have my bobblehead collection to inspect the figurines. "Just give me five minutes and we can go," I say, heading for my room.

Once there, I quickly put away the few clothes thrown on the bed and take out a bag before opening my wardrobe. What should I take for a weekend of sex? Also, will I return here before work on Monday morning?

"Do you have a cat?" Lex asks from the other room.

"We kept one for a few days. Why?"

"My allergy is acting up. I was wondering if it was normal."

I love learning this sort of thing about him. I'm about to tell him the cat never came into my room when he appears in the doorframe.

"What?" I ask, sensing his apprehension.

Averting his eyes for a moment, he nervously scratches the blade of his jaw before seeking my gaze again.

"Who is Idris?"

Oh, right... I forgot about that. "Nothing. Ignore it."

"He's obviously not 'nothing' since you were about to spend the weekend with him."

I can't help but roll my eyes at the distrust in his voice. Not this again. "Isn't my word that I'm not sleeping around enough? Don't you trust me, Lex?"

My question is met with silence. I'm close to getting pissed at him again, but then I notice a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes. He isn't angry or jealous. He is scared, distressed. But why? Is he worried I'll find someone else and leave him?

A ball of stress gnaws at my guts as I move to my nightstand. The man ate my pussy. We're past being embarrassed for this. Idris bounces on the bed where I throw it, the compact and elegant design making it a little less mortifying.

"This is Idris. Idris has been the only 'man' in my life, besides you, for almost a year," I explain, almost amused by the surprised way he stares at the hot pink device. "Contrary to appearances, I'm not a sexual creature; I don't have a crazy libido. You're more than enough to satisfy it, Lex. So you can stop with the Spanish inquisition behavior."