⸻ THIRTY-FOUR ⸻

There's an unfamiliar melody coming from very far

There's an unfamiliar melody coming from very far. It's pulling me out of my sweet and oblivious slumber. I slowly become aware of my surroundings, consciousness taking over my sleepy state. Lex's large and warm body is plastered on my back as I lie on the side. He has an arm around me, longingly keeping me against him, while his other is under the pillow beneath my head.

Finally, the sound seems to stir him up, and he mumbles something, his warm breath getting lost in the curls on the back of my head. His arms release me, and his body moves away from mine. When the music stops after fumbling for a few seconds, he returns against me, wrapping his arm back in its place and pulling me closer. With his front plastered on my back, I'm deliciously aware of his morning wood.

A soft pair of lips meet my shoulder, and an irrepressible smile stretches my lips. Pure joy radiates through my heart.

"'Morning," he mumbles, his just-woke-up voice low and throaty.

"Morning, baby."

"You didn't sneak your way out of my bed."

I giggle. "I didn't have enough strength left."

"So, that's what I need to do to find you in my arms in the morning?"

At the memory of the night, every inch of my skin flushes. He was relentless, merciless, and amazingly skilled. He drew orgasm after orgasm, filling me with the thick essence of his pleasure, demanding much more than I ever thought I could give.

It started on the couch, then his bed, then in his shower. And after a pit stop in the kitchen to refuel, one last time in his bed. Now, my body is aching, my intimacy is tender, and I'm utterly exhausted. I'm an absolute wreck. Building up his anticipation was stupid of me.

But in all truth, I wouldn't change a thing.

Behind me, Lex is more awake, nuzzling my hair and kissing my exposed shoulder.

"Do we really have to go to work?" I whimper.

"One of us has to, or it'll be suspicious."

"I vote for you to go while I stay here all day."

There's a smile on his mouth when he kisses the slope of my throat. "And how am I supposed to get any work done, knowing you're spending your day naked in my bed?"

"Sounds like a you problem, Coleman."

His tender attentions get more audacious, his tongue grazing the shell of my ear, his hand finding my breast and fondling it. Between my legs, the desire to have him is already growing. After the night we had, it's insane I have any need left at all.

"I can do either sex or work," I try, hopeful.

"Are you trying to bribe me?"

His hand slowly goes down my stomach, his fingers sending shivers that I can feel in my bones. I spread my legs slightly to give him the access he needs, eager for his touch. He toys with the curls of my mound for a few seconds, teasing me into begging. Weak and unwilling to fight it, I arch my back with a moan, pressing my behind onto his erection. He chuckles low, and drops another open-mouth kiss on my shoulder, gently sucking on the skin.