⸻ TWENTY-FIVE ⸻

As I make my way to Lex's room, much later that day, I feel like a smuggler illegally transporting some goods

As I make my way to Lex's room, much later that day, I feel like a smuggler illegally transporting some goods. I'm both the smuggler and the goods.

It's past eleven, and everyone's off for the night, which means it's time for some after-dark fun with my boss—something I'm still not getting used to. The day was long and intense, but I'm still full of energy as I knock on his door.

I look down at my outfit, aware I'm anything but sexy. I'm wearing sneakers, a pair of black leggings, and my Yoda sweatshirt with "You must unlearn what you have learned" written on it. But it's okay, right? I'll be naked soon enough.

Before I can get in my head too much, the door opens before me. My face is tilted down, so what I see first are his bare feet. As my gaze rises, I suddenly get why women go crazy for gray sweatpants with nothing under. Damn, that is all mine for the night. Trying to get over the distracting sight of the very visible bulge of his dick, I move on to the white T-shirt that fits his shoulders and torso just right. A little higher, I meet his amused gaze behind his glasses. His hair is still wet from a shower, just like mine.

He's temptation in the flesh.

"Hi," I say, almost timidly.

He answers with one of his rare smiles, which causes my heart to flutter. Those smiles are how babies are made.

His room is a suite with a seating area, a separate bedroom, and access to a small balcony. I spot his laptop on the coffee table and understand he was working while waiting for me.

This is a little awkward because it's nothing like our other times. It isn't in the throes of passion or in the heat of the moment. It's thought through, agreed upon, and premeditated. So, I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.

"Your room is very nice," I say, realizing only too late how mundane it sounds.

But I might as well have said the sexiest thing in the world because the next thing he does is claim my lips. Our gestures have no urgency, as we're aware we have the entire night for this. It's slow and languid as we savor each other and take our time. One of his hands lowers to the bottom of my hoodie, and it comes back under it, grazing my skin directly. A trembling breath flows out of me as it moves up, leaving a trail of heat on its path.

"Hm... From now on, you must come to me braless every time," he declares when he realizes I'm wearing nothing underneath my top. With another appreciative growl, he fondles the small mound before taking an erected nub between his thumb and index. He pinches it hard, surprising me with the roughness before caressing it to soothe the slight pain.

Somehow, I was never into big and tall guys, but there's something about his overbearing presence that reaches something deep inside of me. His massive body dominates mine in every way, making a feminine part of me swoon.

My arms hold on tightly when he lifts me, and I wrap my limbs around his broad frame like a vine. I adore the moment, the softness of it, the laziness, almost. This isn't like any other time we've had.