𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

2004, 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓱𝓲

❝Bahot pyaar karate hain tumko sanam

Kasam chaahe le lo

Kasam chaahe le lo khudaa ki kasam

Bahot pyaar karate hain tumko sanam

Bahot pyaar karate hain tumko sanam❞ 

The dying voice of a radio echoed through the air, accompanied by the sounds of older men chatting, glasses clinking, and the strong scent of tea. A fifteen-year-old boy rushed to his window, gripping the grill tightly and stretching his neck for a glimpse into the terrace of the large bungalow.

 ❝Sagar ki bahon men mauje hain jitani

Humko bhi tumse mohabbat hai utani

Ke ye bekaraari naa

ab hogi kam❞

The gorgeous Bungalow was right across the street from his humble adobe. Stilled, he continued to glance with puppy eyes. Checking his watch, he turned his attention back to the window.

❝Hamari gazal hai tasawwur tumhara

Tumhaare bina ab naa jinaa ganwara

Tumhe yu hi chaahenge

jab tak hai dam

Bahot pyaar karate hain tumko sanam❞ 

The moment of anticipation ended when a young girl who was around his age emerged on the terrace with her maid. From a distance, he could tell that she was upset. He forgot about everything else and leaned his head against the iron railing of the window, admiring her from afar, as he always did. She spoke angrily, gesturing with her hands. Her mother arrived, dressed in an elegant satin Kurthi and trousers, with her hair styled in a neat bun. They exchanged some heated words before the girl shrugged and walked to the parapet to rest her arms.

He wanted to rush to her and help her sort out her worries. Helplessly, he tightened his grip on the railing.

"Hadi!" A feminine voice called from inside. Startled, his grip loosened on the grill. He clicked his tongue, and glancing one last time at the mansion, he walked away.