🌟 𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝑔𝑜

2004, New Delhi

2004, New Delhi

Mera dil bhi kitna pagal hai

Ye pyaar to tumse karta hai

The chai tapri played the melodious song spreading through the ambience. The men chatted, read newspaper and drank their chai with snacks, whilst enjoying the music. Around the corner, taking inspiration from the song Hadi took a bolder move. He stood next to the giant walls of the "Siddique Mansion." He sighed dreamily, and checked his watch. 

Sometime later, the wide gates opened as a shiny silver luxury car approached. Hadi craned his neck, squinting his eyes to catch a glimpse through the tinted glasses. The driver got down and opened the back door. A young girl emerged from inside. Hadi placed his palm over his racing heart and hid behind the wall. Resting his head behind, he smiled to himself.

Par samne jab tum ate ho

Kuch bhi kehne se darta hai

Casually, he peeked and watched the young girl throw a bag on her shoulder. She looked annoyed with her mother emerging after her. Hadi's gaze followed her. A dreamy smile playing on his lips.

"Hi!"

Hadi yelped, nearly falling off his feet. Another young girl, laughed at him. She didn't bother to be lady-like as she guffawed at his shocked expressions.

"Fareeha!" Hadi whined. He pushed her a little to try and glimpsed at his crush again. She had gone inside, and now the gates were closing.

"Cha!" Hadi punched the air, and turned to glare at the irritating interruption. 

Fareeha frowned, placing her hands on her hips, - "Are you still stalking her, psycho?"

Hadi straightened, adjusting the collar of his Tee, - "What nonsense? I am not stalking anyone. And you are a psycho."

"Haww! What is so special in her?"

Hadi scoffed, - "What do you know? Everything is special about her and look at you. You are tom-boy girl with a moustache." He rolled his eyes, looking away.

Fareeha's rested her fingers over her upper-lip and scowled harder, - "Okay, I have moustache, but it is better than yours. You barely have any facial hair."

"Aye!" Hadi grabbed the back of her hair. She stared boldly at him, then burst out laughing. His grip loosened, and he freed her. Fareeha fell back and adjusted her shoulder length hair.

"Psycho, you messed my hair."

"Chi!" Hadi yanked strands of hair from his fingers.

"If you have guts then go and propose Dania. Go on, I dare you."