🌟 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃

Even in the chilly weather, Dania's throat dried and she had tingles in her stomach. Poonam was just yammering out of jealousy. Soon, she arrived at the destination. Just as she was about to enter, someone opened the door from behind. Dania froze and the person on the other side stilled as well.

"Tabish!" Dania mumbled.

His eyes behind his black-framed glasses widened, and he nearly dropped the small shopping bag from his hand. Dania's gaze fell on a young Blonde woman beside him, the same age as hers. Tabish gulped hard.

"Dania." He stammered, adjusting his glasses. 

"Who is she? Why are you shopping with her? She is—Rhea's friend?" Dania looked suspiciously at him, but forced a smile, - "Oh, oh, She is Samantha, Yasmin's sister." She extended her hand to the girl, - "Wow, heard a lot of you, glad we met."

The girl looked cluelessly at her. Embarrassed, Tabish darted his eyes elsewhere.

"I am not Samantha. I am Gia, Tabish's to-be-wife." She flaunted her expensive engagement ring.

Dania's mouth dropped, she blinked at her boyfriend.

"She—she—is—my—parent's choice," Tabish confessed.

Dania shook her head, again, - "She? Your parent's choice?" She pointed at the girl by his side.

"You said, your parents want you to be settled with a Desi Muslim woman, and—"

"Darling, what is this happening? Why are you lying to her? We have been dating for six months now."

Dania gasped. Tabish gulped harder. Six months? And they had been dating for three years, which meant he was two-timing on her.

"Let's go." Gia pulled him. But Dania grabbed his free hand.

Sarfaraz watched from a distance the heated argument between the trio. His heart sank noticing Dania crying whilst blasting her boyfriend. He felt strongly about bashing this Tabish guy.

Dania pushed him and turned to march from there. Sarfaraz called her, but ignoring him, she stormed past him. Dania angrily wiped her tears, then shoved her hands into pockets of her overcoat and kept roving on the pavement as fast as her legs carried her. Finally, she collapsed on the pavement. Covering her mouth with the back of her palm, she sobbed. Dania wondered if truly everything they shared was love. That rascal was two-timing her, no wonder he had stopped persisting on intimacy.

Mirroring her emotions, the cloudy sky began to drizzle and quickly picked up pace. Sarfaraz had been following her and watched her from a distance. Seeing her heartbroken, his world shattered. Unable to resist, he walked to her without bothering about being drenched.

Cautiously, he sat beside her. Silent. Dania rested her head against his shoulder, still crying.

"Why?" She breathed.