🌟 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝒶𝓈𝓉'𝓈 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓇𝑒

A red Land Rover stopped by a luxurious jewellery shop in South Mumbai

A red Land Rover stopped by a luxurious jewellery shop in South Mumbai. The driver got down first, and hurried to open the back door. A woman in her early fifties got down, arranging the heavy pallu of her navy blue saree and walked haughtily. Her driver carried an umbrella over her head. The woman wore gold bangles, delicate gold and diamond necklace and stud earring. Ruby and emerald rings adored her fair and slim fingers. Her caramel brown hair tied in a sleek French bun. As she climbed the stairs to the building, the watchman smiled eagerly opening the door for her. 

The salesmen all attempted to pull her attention, but she walked till her usual counter and a pleasantly smiling middle aged salesman greeted her.

"Okay, Mukesh." She removed her over-sized sunglasses and placed it next to her luxury hand-bag, - "You informed me about the latest collection. Show me."

"Sure, Ma'am." Then he called out at a peon, - "Raju get some chai for madam."

She raised her hand. 

"Please, at least water." He requested humbly. She shook her head.

"Mukesh, please, you know Hadiya doesn't like to waste time like this. Just show me the pieces." She said sternly. He nodded and turned to pick out the latest designs he had saved for her.

She tapped her manicured nude nails on the counter, scanning the display. Just then, her phone rang. When she took it out, Fareeha's name flashed on the screen. This slightly worried her as it was an odd time to call.

"Hi, Fareeha. All good?"

"Aunty—She is here, and Hadi is losing it."

"Who?" Hadiya inquired, picking a heavy jewellery piece from the one presented to her.

There was a short pause, - "Dania Siddique. Dr. Faryal Kaif and Dr. Rayyan Siddique's daughter."

Hadiya's expressions dropped and the jewellery slipped from her hand.

There was a pause, and then she replied, - "What was Hadi's reaction?" 

"Aunty, he has become puppy once again. I am worried, he will have his heart broken again and, what if he—"

"Allah na kare." Hadiya cut her, placing a hand on her chest, - "I almost lost him once. Now, at this age I can't lose him." She pressed her lips in a thin line, - "Because of her and her friends, my own son dislikes me."

"I understand, Aunty, but Hadi—"

"Make him understand, Fareeha."

"Yes, Aunty. I am trying."

Hadiya disconnected the call. The awaiting salesman eagerly began showing the best piece, but she shook her head and got up. Roughly, she picked her handbag and walked out of the show-room. After she got into the car, she dialled a number and patiently waited for the other person to pick up.