Chapter 26

//AARUSHI//

"Our shift is over, let's grab some coffee till then our drivers will come." Vaidehi held my hand and started dragging me to the cafeteria. "I don't want to" I tried to refuse but she didn't listen.

I sat on the table and she went to order. "Hello Arushi" Angad waved his hand and stepped towards me "Aa gaya manhushiyat ka murat aur ye kamine ko to main ek din bina anesthesia din operation kar dungi ek naam sahi se nahi bol pata hai".

(The idol of misfortune has arrived and I will operate on this bastard one day without anesthesia, he can't even speak his name properly)

He put his ass on the chair in front of me "Don't you have some basic manners Dr. Angad Bhatia?"I asked and he looked at me with amusement and I added"Whenever we take a seat at someone's table, we should have to ask whether we can sit here or not".

"No problem I will ask this right now" he smiled and stood up, Vaidehi came and forwarded me a coffee"What's going on". Nothing, just Dr. Arushi is teaching me basic ethics," he said and moved his gaze at me. "So Dr. Arushi Awasthi, can I sit here?"

I took a sip of my coffee and then said, "No, Dr. Angad Bhatia, you can't." I gave him a genuine smile and he looked at me with disbelief. He turned on his heels to go

Vaidehi laughed seeing him going away. "Aaru, you are really hilarious. How could you say no like this?" I smiled.

"Vri, I have decided something" I said with a tone of seriousness and she put her aside and raised her brows, I gasped "I'm going to help Rudra to find Mehak".

"Whattt?" She almost shouted and everyone around us started looking at us "Sorry Everyone" I apologized to them and continued "I don't want to become the second lady in someone's life especially in the man's life whom the world knows as my husband. I don't know what I want in my life, sometimes I want to go back to the life I was living and sometimes being with him felt good. Anything happens but I can't change the fact that h......

We were in the middle of conversation, when Palaksha came over to our table. She looked sheepish, "Dr. Aarushi," he said, "a parcel came for you and I put it in your cabin". Me and Vri looked at each other, I don't want to be true to whatever we were thinking.

We both rushed towards my cabin, when we reached there was a box lying on the table Vri locked the gate and I slowly stepped towards the box. I looked back to Vri, she blinked her eyes and told me to open the box.

I closed my eyes and plunged my hand into the box, my fingers fumbling in the darkness. My fingertips brushed against something soft and wet, and a shiver ran down my spine. I opened my eyes and gasped in horror.

There, in my trembling hands, was a panda soft toy, its once-fluffy fur matted and dripping with blood. The sight of it sent a wave of nausea through me, and my voice barely came out as I whispered, "He came back."

As I stared at the blood-soaked toy, I felt a cold hand grip my heart. "He came back," I repeated, my voice trembling. "He came back to haunt me."

I couldn't bear to look at the toy any longer. I dropped it to the floor and stumbled backward, my legs giving way beneath me. I curled up into a fetal position, my body shaking with fear and revulsion.

With shaky hands I took out the letter stuck on the box with a red rose.

Hii my girl

I know you missed me and I missed you too. I'm sorry I am sending you a gift after a very long time . You were behaving like a good girl, my girl before you got married to that jerk. But no you started behaving like a brat and you know I don't like my girl being a bad girl.