Chapter 2: Gnawing Sensations

ADOR INTELLIGENCE HEADQUARTERS

As dawn arrived, Haerin found herself back in the bustling headquarters, her mind already racing with thoughts of the day ahead. Despite the setbacks of their previous mission, she knew that there was no time to dwell on the past. They had a job to do, and she was determined to see it through the end.

Gathering with her team in the briefing room, Haerin listened intently as their operations officer, Mr. Park, outlined their next assignment.

"The mission ahead is of utmost importance," Mr. Park began, his voice commanding the attention of everyone in the room.

"We have received intel that a group of highly skilled assassins is planning to ambush the President this coming State of the Union Address."

Haerin's heart quickened at the gravity of the situation. Protecting the President from a skilled and determined threat would require every ounce of their expertise and training.

"Our task is twofold," Mr. Park continued. "First, we must ensure the safety of the President at all costs. Second, we need to apprehend the assassins and gather any intelligence we can about their organization."

As Mr. Park outlined the details of the mission, Haerin and her team exchanged serious glances, fully aware of the weight of their responsibility. Lives depended on their success, and failure was not an option.

"You have two days to prepare," Mr. Park concluded.

"Furthermore," Mr. Park added, his tone grave,

"there is reason to believe that HybeCo might also have a vested interest in this operation. It's imperative that we remain vigilant and prepared for any interference from their side."

Haerin exchanged a knowing glance with her team members. The involvement of HybeCo added another layer of complexity to an already dangerous mission. They had crossed paths with their rivals before, and they knew firsthand the lengths they would go to achieve their objectives.

"Stay sharp, stay focused," Mr. Park emphasized, his voice echoing through the room.

"Our nation's future depends on it." As the briefing concluded, Haerin exchanged a meaningful glance with her teammates, a silent understanding passing between them. Haerin and her team dispersed to begin their preparations.

As the trio—Haerin, Hanni, and Hyein—gathered in the break room before their mission, the tension in the air was palpable. They sat around a small table, sipping on their morning coffee as they discussed the task ahead.

"Can you believe we have to deal with those assholes from that shitty agency again?" Hanni grumbled, her voice tinged with frustration.

"They're like a thorn in our side, always one step ahead." As they sipped their coffee, Hanni leaned forward, her expression darkening with contempt.

"Honestly, I don't know how they manage to keep getting under our skin," she muttered, her voice laced with frustration.

"They're like cockroaches—always popping up when you least expect them." Haerin's lips twisted into a grimace of agreement. "It's infuriating," she agreed, her tone edged with irritation.

"But mark my words, this time we won't let them get the best of us." Hyein's eyes flashed with determination as she added her thoughts to the conversation.

"They may think they're so clever, but they're nothing but a bunch of amateurs," she scoffed, her voice dripping with disdain. "We'll wipe the floor with them and show them who the real professionals are."

As they gathered around the table, Hyein couldn't help but notice the faint bruise on Haerin's lip. With a mischievous grin, she pointed it out. "Looks like someone had a rough night," she teased, her tone playful.