Chapter 13: Emancipation

Hanni's voice crackled over the radio, filled with a mixture of concern and determination. "Keep following the path," she instructed, her tone urgent. "We're not far behind you. Stay focused, Hyein."

With a nod of determination, Hyein pocketed the badge and pressed on, her senses heightened as she followed the metal path deeper into the unknown. Her heart pounded in her chest as she pushed forward, every step bringing them closer to finding their missing teammates.

Suddenly, Minji's voice cut through the tense silence, her tone filled with urgency. "Stop," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Something's not right."

Hyein froze in her tracks, her senses on high alert as she scanned their surroundings for any sign of danger. The air seemed to crackle with tension as they waited in silence, each heartbeat echoing in the stillness of the underground chamber.

"What do you sense?" Hyein asked, her voice low and cautious as she gripped her weapon tightly, ready for whatever threat awaited them.

As if in response to Minji's warning, the dim overhead lights flickered and shifted, casting an ominous red glow over the chamber. Hyein's pulse quickened as a sense of foreboding settled over them, the stark contrast of the crimson hue intensifying the eerie atmosphere.

"We need to move," Minji said, her voice firm as she gestured for the team to stay close. "Stay alert and stay together. We don't know what we're up against."

As the alarm blared through the facility, the team instinctively dropped to the ground, seeking cover in the shadows. Hyein's heart raced as adrenaline surged through her veins, her senses on high alert as she scanned their surroundings for any sign of danger.

The team held their breath as the sound of footsteps reverberated through the corridor, drawing closer with each passing moment. Hyein's heart pounded in her chest as she strained to listen, her senses on high alert for any sign of danger.

"Fuck," she whispered, her voice barely audible as she gestured for the team to remain still. They pressed themselves against the cold metal floor, their muscles tense with anticipation as they waited for the source of the footsteps to reveal itself.

With bated breath, they watched and listened, their nerves on edge as the sound drew nearer, filling the air with an ominous sense of foreboding.

Suddenly, the flickering light revealed Hyein's silhouette, casting a shadow against the corridor wall. Before she could react, a voice pierced the silence, sending a shiver down her spine.

"There she is! Get her!"

Hyein's heart raced as she realized they had been spotted. Without hesitation, she sprang into action, her training kicking in as she bolted down the corridor, her teammates close behind.

Hanni and Minji's voices crackled over the radio, their words urgent and filled with concern. "We're coming, Hyein! Hold on!" they shouted, their footsteps echoing through the corridor as they raced to her aid.

Meanwhile, Minji's voice came through the earpieces of Niki and Jake. "Niki, Jake, you two need to venture further into the facility," she instructed, her tone firm but composed. "Follow the path Hyein took and stay alert. We need to find Haerin and Danielle before it's too late."

Niki and Jake exchanged a determined glance before nodding in unison. "Got it, Minji," Niki replied, his voice steady despite the urgency of their mission. "We'll find them."

With their course of action clear, Niki and Jake set off, their footsteps echoing through the dimly lit corridors as they followed in Hyein's footsteps.