Chapter 7: Illusory Halcyon

As the dust settled and the chaos began to subside, a news crew rushed to the scene, their cameras capturing the devastation unfolding before them. The anchor, standing amidst the wreckage with a microphone in hand, turned to face the camera, his voice trembling with emotion.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are witnessing an unprecedented tragedy here today," he began, his words echoing through the stunned silence. "What was once a bustling hub of activity now lies in ruins, a grim reminder of the fragility of life."

He gestured toward the collapsed building behind him, the twisted metal and shattered glass serving as a grim backdrop to his report. "Rescue teams are working tirelessly to locate and extract survivors, but the situation remains dire. The fate of those still trapped inside is uncertain, and every passing moment brings new challenges."

The camera panned to show a group of firefighters combing through the rubble, their expressions grim as they searched for signs of life.

"But amidst the devastation, there are glimmers of hope," the anchor continued, his voice gaining strength. "Neighbors are coming together to offer support, volunteers are lending a helping hand, and emergency services are working around the clock to bring aid to those in need."

He paused for a moment, his gaze somber as he reflected on the magnitude of the tragedy. "As we stand here today, let us remember the courage and resilience of those affected by this disaster. And let us hold onto hope, that amidst the rubble, there are still stories of survival waiting to be told."

Meanwhile, back at their respective headquarters, Hanni and Hyein sat in silence, their hearts heavy with worry for their missing friends. Despite the chaos unfolding around them, they couldn't shake the feeling of helplessness that gnawed at their insides.

Hanni stared at the blinking monitor in front of her, her mind racing with thoughts of Haerin and Danielle. She couldn't bear the thought of leaving them behind, not knowing if they were alive or trapped beneath the rubble.

"We have to go back," Hanni said suddenly, her voice breaking the silence. "We can't just sit here and do nothing while they're still missing."

Hyein nodded in agreement, her expression determined. "I'll contact our superiors and request permission to return to the scene," she said, her voice resolute. "We'll do everything in our power to find them."

Hybe Corporation, 6:54 PM

Minji rushed back to her superior, Mr. Bang's office, her heart pounding with the urgency of the situation. Bursting through the door, she found him poring over documents, his brow furrowed in concentration.

"Mr. Bang, we have a situation," Minji exclaimed, her voice urgent as she relayed the events that had transpired at the Capitol. She recounted the explosions, the collapse of the building, and the uncertainty surrounding the fate of her fellow colleague.

Mr. Bang listened intently, but there was a hint of detachment in his demeanor as he absorbed the information. As Minji finished her report, he leaned back in his chair, his mind seemingly elsewhere.

"This is troubling news indeed," Mr. Bang said formally, though his tone lacked the expected gravity. "We must do everything in our power to assist in the rescue efforts and ensure the safety of our operatives."

Mr. Bang glanced up from the documents, his gaze meeting Minji's determined eyes. "Kim Minji, you need to rest now; it's been a long day," he advised, his tone gentle but firm.

But Minji shook her head, her resolve unwavering. "I can't rest knowing Danielle might be in danger," she insisted, her voice tinged with worry. "I need to help find her."