Chapter 14: Haze in Panic

As they pressed on, navigating the labyrinthine corridors of the underground facility, a voice crackled through their earpieces, causing them to pause mid-stride. It was Min Heejin, their superior back at headquarters, her voice tinged with urgency.

"Minji, what's your status?" Min Heejin's voice echoed in their ears, cutting through the tense silence of their surroundings.

Hyein quickly tapped her earpiece to respond. "We're in a bit of a situation here, Min Heejin," she replied, her tone clipped with urgency. "We've encountered some resistance, but we're still on the move."

Minji glanced at her companions, a flicker of concern crossing her features. "We're being pursued, but we're doing our best to evade capture," she added, her voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins.

Hanni's jaw clenched with determination as she scanned their surroundings, her senses on high alert for any sign of danger. "We'll keep you updated on our progress," she promised, her voice firm with resolve.

Min Heejin's voice came through the earpiece again, this time with a note of reassurance. "Recruitment is standing by outside the facility," she informed them, her tone firm yet comforting. "They're ready to extract you as soon as you reach the rendezvous point."

Relief washed over Hyein, Hanni, and Minji at the news. Knowing that their fellow agents were waiting to lend their support bolstered their spirits and renewed their determination to reach safety.

"Copy that, Boss." Hyein replied, her filled with gratitude.

As they rounded a corner, they were met with a group of Jay's subordinates, their weapons drawn and determination etched on their faces. Without hesitation, Hyein, Hanni, and Minji sprang into action, their training kicking in as they exchanged fire with their pursuers.

"We need to keep moving!" Minji shouted over the din of gunfire, her voice urgent as she led the charge down the corridor.

Hanni and Hyein followed closely behind, their footsteps echoing loudly as they ran, adrenaline coursing through their veins. They ducked behind cover whenever possible, returning fire with precision and skill as they fought to stay one step ahead of their relentless pursuers.

Minji and Hyein immediately sprang into action to defend her. As Hanni winced in pain from the stray bullet that grazed her shoulder, 

"We've got you, Hanni!" Minji shouted, her voice filled with determination as she fired back at their pursuers with precise shots.

Hyein nodded in agreement, her eyes scanning their surroundings for any sign of an escape route. "Stay close and keep moving," she urged, her voice steady despite the chaos around them.

As they fought valiantly against their assailants, the odds stacked against them, Hyein's mind raced with strategies to outmaneuver their attackers. "We need to find a way out of here," she called out, her voice cutting through the chaos. "There has to be another route!"

Minji's eyes darted around, searching for any possible escape route, but their options seemed limited. "We're trapped!" she exclaimed, frustration evident in her tone as she exchanged gunfire with their foes.

Hanni gritted her teeth, refusing to yield to despair. "Well if this isn't just fucking fantastic," she hissed, her voice fierce and unwavering. 

——-

Meanwhile, as Haerin, Danielle, Jake, and Niki raced through the corridors, their pursuers hot on their heels, Niki and Jake exchanged a determined glance.

"We'll hold them off," Niki shouted over the chaos, his voice resolute as he and Jake prepared to face their attackers head-on.

Haerin's eyes widened with concern, her heart pounding with fear for her friends. "But-"