Meet Bailey

Once I stepped inside, I could hear snapping and shouting and flashes. I knew immediately that I was walking in on one of Bailey's photo sessions. It was strange when I came to the realization that my life was about to change drastically. I knew that I wouldn't be waking up to a quiet house for a long time.

I remembered the first time that I allowed Ash to come home with me. I had always been adamant that we hang out at his house; I was embarrassed of our tiny apartment and didn't want to share that part of my life with him. To my surprise, he didn't even flinch as he stepped into our tiny kitchen; he simply sat at the counter and made himself comfortable. I remembered being so happy when he complimented my mother's decorations that I had overfilled his cup of water and it spilled all over the floor. Ash was so kind about the entire thing that it just made me love him even more.

I stopped outside the doorway with Diego right behind me. Flashes illuminated the hallway every few seconds, reminding me of lightning. Lightning was my favorite part of a storm. From a very small age, I'd fallen in love with the way that lightning illuminated the sky, while the other kids my age would cower and cry.

"It's okay." Diego said taking my elbow and guiding me towards the sound when I hesitated. "Now you can see her at work. It's pretty amazing." I could tell that he really loved her; he seemed so excited to show me her work. There was awe and admiration in his voice as he spoke of her.

Diego lead me to the rear of the huge home so fast that I barely got to see the interior of the house. I just realized that I'd left my bags in the car. I told Diego this and tried to turn back around.

"Your things will be taken to your room for you." He assured me when I looked back to the door for my suitcase to see that a man I assumed was the butler was carrying it.

I watched him go up a set of stairs before turning back to Diego. He smiled at me and turned back around. We entered a large white room that was clearly specifically set up for photo sessions. The curtain hung up hid the model or family in session, but I could see Bailey crouched with a camera snapping pictures then adjusting and then snapping more.

When she saw us at the door she smiled and waved enthusiastically, holding up a finger.

She looked just like she did in my mothers photo album.

Stunning and tall; with a soft baby face framed by long brown waves.

Though she was in her late forties like my mother, she didn't look a day past thirty.

I could tell why Diego loved her so much. She was beautiful and looked like lots of fun. I could tell she loved her job; she was laughing and joking with her client, who was a male from the sound of it, or a woman with a really deep voice.

Just by her movements, you could tell that Bailey was good at her job. She was smiling and communicating with her client as if they were old friends.

"Come on." Diego said. "I'll show you to your room and then we'll have a snack while we wait." He offered.

He lead me back towards the front door and then up the wide white staircase that I had seen the butler ascend. After a series of long hallways and turns he stopped outside yet another white door.

When he saw my panicked expression, he laughed. "No worries. There will always be someone to help you if you get lost." I nodded, not totally convinced. The house was huge and seemed even larger from the inside. He eased the door open. "Here you are."

I gaped at my new room; it had been so long since I had one to myself. The interior was black and gold; my favorite colors. There was a huge bed flanked by night tables, a walk in closet, and a desk with a laptop and a flat screen on the wall.