Meet Another ClicheMoment

It was Wednesday and I was getting antsy. Jace was still treating me the same, but I was anxious and a bubbling mess around him. I knew I should take advantage of the little time I had left with him but it was hard.

I was one hundred percent sure that he would hate me once I told him. I constantly cried myself to sleep and hardly spoke to anyone.

Ash still wouldn't answer his phone, and I didn't want to speak to any of the Ace brothers because I felt too guilty. I told everyone I was on my period so that I could avoid them.

School was worse because I had to deal with Talia and Tony. After I'd ratted him out to Jace he'd come to school with a black eye. He'd stopped bothering me but at the end of one of our classes together, he passed me a paper saying it "wasn't over."

On top of that, I had a load of AP homework and studying to do which left no time to hang out with Jace.

It hurt that I would have to let him go. Though I hadn't admitted it, I loved him back but if I told him, it would hurt him even worse when I told him what I did.

I hadn't even figured out how to tell him.
So, remember that robbery? Yeah, well, it was hardly a robbery, I helped the robber and we made a cover up story together, and did I forget to mention that the robber was your worst enemy? Tony from down the street? But I did it for a good cause, his sister needed medication. I'm sure she's okay now, and you definitely replace all those valuables he took. Right?

I groaned and laid myself on my bed in anguish.

"No can do." A voice said. It was Jace. He pulled on my arm, I groaned resisting him. "Come on Dakota." He whined. "I miss you."

I shook my head. He huffed and let go. I sighed in content thinking he was gone when I felt myself be thrown into the air.

I squealed and pounded on Jaces back. "Put me down!" I exclaimed.

We left my room and he jogged down the stairs making me bounce up and down on his shoulder painfully.

"That hurts!"

"Then quit resisting me!"

"Then put me down!"

I heard the door open and he carried me outside.

"Oh come on Jace." I said.
I finally gave up when he strapped me into my seat and started the car. "Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

"Skating rink." He said.

I smiled. My mood was immediately better.

He grinned. "I knew that would make you feel better." He said.

"Taylor Swift?" I asked turning on the radio.

"Actually, I'm in the mood for the Weeknd." He said. "Check the glove compartment."

I opened the compartment in front of me and searched through the CDs.

"No. Way." I breathed holding up a particular cd. Jace blushed and took it from me. "I've had that forever."

I smirked. "It's okay. I think it's cute. Put it on."

He sighed and popped the cd in. He knew every single word. I couldn't even imagine him sitting and watching Camp Rock.
I laughed as we sang along to the songs. Jace took my hand and held it in between us.

"I just have to stop somewhere before we go. Do you promise to stay in the car?" He asked. His eyes told me he really wanted me to stay in the car.

I huffed. "Fine."

He smiled. "Thanks. It won't take longer than twenty minutes." He promised.

He pulled up at a large building, we were at the back so I couldn't see where we were.

"Jace." I said anxiously. There was no way I was sitting in a dark alley alone.

"Don't worry. It's totally safe here. A little too safe. I'll be right back." He leaned in and kissed my cheek before closing his door.

I sighed and laid my head back turning up the radio and closing my eyes.

I got through Play my music and Too cool, before I got anxious. It had been ten minutes and he wasn't back yet. I knew he'd said twenty minutes, but just five minutes felt like an hour.

I turned the car off and stuck the keys in my pocket then proceeded to the building.
The door I found lead down a dark hallway I used my hands to feel along the walls. I heard music ahead and walked faster towards it.

I opened another door and finally found light. There was a huge crowd in the large room. Posters on the walls and hanging from the ceiling read Youth Cancer Village.

There was a stage and standing on it was Jace. He was singing and the crowd was going absolutely crazy. I smiled. He had such a beautiful voice. It was smooth and deep making everything that came out of his mouth sound romantic even though the song he was singing was anything but romantic.

I took out my phone and began recording him. He sang two more songs before he said goodbye to the crowd. A bunch of kids ran up the stairs to give him hugs. I didn't realize I was crying until I couldn't see.

This was the charity Diego had been talking about. Yet another thing that Jace did and was good at. Another thing that made him too good for me.

I waited for Jace to come down and threw my arms around his neck. "I can't believe you were keeping this from me!" I exclaimed.

He laughed. "I had a feeling you wouldn't listen." I pulled back and smiled at him.

"You're amazing. Why don't you ever sing for me?" I asked feigning hurt.

He smiled and took my hand. "Come one." He pulled me in the opposite direction of where the car was parked. He waved and stopped to talk to a lot of the kids and parents. Some gave him food or money. He refused vehemently but they were insistent that he take it.

We finally made to the door. Another singer was taking the stage.

Jace lead me out another door and across the parking lot. When we reached the trees, he didn't stop. He helped me get through the brush until we found the path.

From there it wasn't far. I could see it before we reached it. The mini courtyard was lit up with lights and decorated with vines and flowers.

"Its so beautiful." I breathed. He lead me inside and immediately twirled me around.

I smiled and leaned into him. I laid my head on his chest as he began to sing. I giggled when he began Stay with me by Sam Smith. It was the most cliche yet romantic moment of my life.