Meet Spencer

Day three and counting; I was losing hope. I'd heard of comas that lasted for years. I couldn't imagine myself sitting in a hospital waiting for him to wake up that long.

Though I couldn't imagine it, I knew without a doubt that I would sit with him for as long as it took. I would grow old with him.

Kennedy stuck to his promise and called me everyday for updates or just to distract me. Bailey and Diego also called, along with Quintin, Christian and Bryson. I even spoke to Tristan and Roderick on the phone for a little.

I didn't hear from Jace; I only asked for him once. I'd heard him shout that he wasn't there; I didn't ask for him again.

I was calling Gregg currently. I missed his sarcastic voice.

"Dakota." He answered coldly.

I rolled my eyes. "If you're still trying to be mad at me, just give it up."

"Well you did up and leave without telling me or asking for my help." He said bitterly. He was jealous that I hadn't asked him instead of Kennedy.

"Ooh. I'm sooo evil." I teased rolling my eyes. 

"Yeah." He agreed. "You're the worst. By the way, what's your favorite flavor?" he added nonchalantly. 

"Cookies and cream." I said immediately. It was the only flavor I would way besides plain vanilla.

He scoffed. "Way to be traditional." He said.

"You know me. I'm all traditional and stuff." I said. "Why do you need to know anyways?"

"Because I'm your boyfriend." He replied vaguely. 

I smiled. I would never get tired of hearing him say that.

"So, since you're my boyfriend, you have to know my favorite flavor?" I clarified.

"You catch on fast little duckling." He praised.

"I'll have you know I'm glaring at you." I told him. He laughed.

"Fine. What's your favorite?" I asked him leaning back in my seat.

He snorted. "No way am I telling you. You're not my boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Turn around." He said.

"Wh-" I turned and gasped nearly dropping my phone. Gregg was leaning on the doorframe smirking at me.

I grinned at him. "Hey Kody." He said. Then he reached into the hallway and pulled someone next to him. "I brought Squib."

Quintin made a face and I giggled. "Squib?"

Quintin blushed. "He's been calling me that since we were kids."

I smiled melting into Gregg's arms. "I might have to use that one against you." I told Quintin.

Quintin groaned and walked into the room taking my chair.

"So where's my food?" I asked Gregg. He leaned down and pecked my lips. It was our second kiss. Though it felt like we'd been together forever. He was a really good boyfriend. One of those too-good-to-be-true boyfriends.

He smirked at me and I pulled his face down to mine kissing me again. He kissed me slowly and passionately.

"Get a room." Quintin deadpanned.

"Yup." Gregg said, only breaking the kiss for a second.

"I meant a different room." Quintin grumbled.