Epilogue

"I can't believe this is happening." I said to Ash.

"Call me selfish," he said. "But I'm glad you're back. I wouldn't have wanted to do this without you."

I shrugged. "That is pretty selfish."

He rolled his eyes. He parked in front of our dorms at the University of Arts.

"Do you miss him? I mean, with you two being so close now, being that we're in Pennsylvania..."

"It doesn't matter Ash. I haven't spoken to him in weeks."

He frowned. "I thought you were still talking."

"Yeah." I huffed. "As friends, but..."

I got out of the car to admire the school. I took a deep breath trying to rid my mind of any thoughts of Jace.

After I left, I'd forced myself to go on with my life. It hurt too much to think about them. Jace never stopped texting me and at first, I texted him back, but when I started to miss him too much, I began ignoring him. I ignored all of them. It hurt but I had to do it so that I could move on with my life.

I didn't belong there anyways. I never had.

I went to prom with Ash, and my graduation was long and boring. My mother and father were in a steady relationship. I could even see remarriage in the future. I was doing fine. My life was back where it used to be.

"Dakota Hart?" Someone called. I turned around to see a red head looking at me.

"Yes?" I responded.

She smiled and grabbed my arm. "I'm so glad you're here. I haven't had a roommate all year. You'll love it here." She continued talking on and on about the school and how great the dance program was. I was barely listening. My eyes were trained on someone entering the boys dorm room. He looked familiar but before I could investigate she pulled me into the dorm.

There was loud music pumping inside along with a huge dance floor.
"Wha-"

"Oh, this is the dance dorm, we did a fundraiser." She explained.

"Oh." Was all could say.

"Rose!" She exclaimed as if just remembering something. I furrowed eyebrows at her. "My name is Rose." she said cheerfully.

"Are you always this happy?" I asked irritably. She frowned. "Is something bothering you?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I retorted. "You." I said brushing past her. I stormed upstairs to my room pushing past the girls stretching on the staircase.

My room numbed was A14, which was at the end of the hallway. My things were already on my bed. My side of the room was boring white, but Roses was well inhabited. Her personality showed clearly. There were clothes strewn everywhere, and the walls were painted in colorful stripes.

I sighed and threw myself on my bed in frustration. I had been perfectly fine throughout the rest of senior year, but forgetting Jace proved harder and harder as my life changed. Starting college made me realize that it was over. I was moving on.

"Hey," Rose said at the door. "I know you're frustrated. Do you want to talk?" She asked.

I sighed and patted the side of my bed. "I had a boyfriend."

"Ooohh..." She said frowning. "I get it. You had to leave. Did you try long distance?"

I shook my head. "I left early in the morning before he could wake up. In my letter I wrote that it was better if he didn't contact me or try to see me."