Meet Gregory

Ash absolutely refused to buy me a motorcycle. He wouldn't even take me to see any.

"I don't see what the big deal is. I've been on one before." I informed him later when we stopped to eat.

"You weren't driving." He pointed out. "And you could have gotten killed."

"I can get killed in a car as well." I said.

He shrugged. "I'd rather you die in a car accident than a death contraption that I bought for you." He said bluntly as he squirted ketchup on his French fries.

I huffed and crossed my arms. "You can throw a fit." He said not looking up from his food, "but that just means I'm eating your burger."

I pounced on my food and growled at him causing him to laugh. We ate in silence, immersed in our own thoughts.

"I'm ready." Ash said twenty minutes later.

The waiter came when he put up his hand, and gave us the check. "Thanks." he said smiling.

She frowned. "Ummm.."

"Yes?" Ash inquired.

"You have some steak in your...gold."

-:¥:-

Ash got lost on the way home. "Are you kidding me?!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry." He said. "Just quit pestering me or we'll never make it home."

"Step on it and get that GPS out. I'm missing out on time I could be spending with Jace. It's my birthday and I refuse to spend it in this car!" I shouted. "It's
already five in the afternoon you fool!"

Ash started laughing. I glared at him. "Why are you laughing?!"

He reached over and squeezed my cheek. "You are so cute when you're angry." He commented.

I huffed and turned to look out the window. My phone rang then.

"Hey Gregg." I answered.

"Happy birthday Kody." He greeted.

"Thanks but it's not so happy right now. Ash is lost." I informed him grumpily.

Gregg laughed. "Its not funny Gregory." I hissed. "I do not deserve this." I pouted.

"Gregory?" He clarified. "That's gross. I sound like a grandpa."

"And Kody sounds like a dude." I retorted.

"It's not much different from Dakota."
He muttered.

"Gee Dakota. Are you coming? Or are you gonna stay in the car all day?" Ash asked breaking me away from my conversation.

I looked up to find that we were home. I huffed again and opened my door.

"I'll talk to you later Gregory." I said.

He said bye before hanging up. Ash was already inside the house. I noticed that nobody was home. Jaces car was gone, and even Bridges truck was no longer in the driveway.

Not ready to face more time with Ash. I texted Jace.

Where are you?

Hardware store

Everyone else?

Avoiding you?

I rolled my eyes and put my phone away. Though my birthday wasn't going as I thought it would, I was happy that I at least had fun with Ash, getting lost and all.

I walked up the steps to the house to find it dark. I smirked. This was definitely my birthday surprise. "Okay guys. I'm here." I took off my wig and sweater remaining in my cami and broken pants.

I groaned. "Mama didn't raise no fool." I continued.

Ash appeared devouring a bagel. I made a face. 'We just ate." I reminded him.

"Who were you talking to?" he asked me frowning.

I looked around in confusion and turned on the light. "Where is everyone?" I asked disappointed.

His eyes widened. "You thought they were all gonna surprise you?" he asked in shock.

I glared at him. "Oh come on Dakota. I'm sure someone's gonna bring you back an ice cream cake." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I doubt that, but you can buy me one." I suggested. "Since you won't get me a motorcycle."

He grinned. "No problem. Lets go."

He lead me outside, but when I got out, I no longer saw him.

"Wha-"

"Surprise!!"

I screamed. Everyone appeared out of nowhere. From behind bushes, cars, trees, and the best part was that everyone came to celebrate my birthday.

The entire football team had shown up, they tackled me to the ground, bombarding me with hugs.

"Oh my gosh, I've missed you all soo much." I gushed, hugging them back.

Gregg hugged me next. I narrowed my eyes at him but he just smiled. "What? I'm an actor, of course I wouldn't give it away."

Leigh came, along with Tony who didn't leave for another two days.

Jace came up and twirled me around kissing me. He grinned and put me down. "Surprise." He said, kissing my forehead, I leaned my head on his chest. "Pool party." He informed me. "Go change."

I groaned. I could feel his body vibrating as he laughed.

I pulled away and held up a finger. "I'll be back." I promised.

I hurried up the stairs to my room. On the bed was a bikini already laid out. It was black with gold trim. Most of it was held together by a series of strings. I rolled my eyes, knowing that it was Jace who had purchased it.

I checked my phone for any missed calls or texts. There were a few from Bridge, some football players, old acquaintances from school in Jersey, but that was it.

I collapsed on my bed in disappointment wondering if she even remembered that it was my birthday.

I curled up into a ball and just laid there staring at my wall. I felt like she was really gone and I would never see her again.

A few minutes went by before warm arms enveloped me, and that's when I began to cry.

"Hey, it's alright Cliche, don't cry."

I shook my head. "She didn't even call." I cried.

He smoothed my hair down. "Dakota, she may have horrible way of showing but your mother cares, you can't lose a mothers love." He told me.

I sighed, sniffling. He helped me sit up. "Now get in that shower, then get your butt downstairs. We refuse to party without the guest of honor."

I smiled and gave him a hug. "Thanks Ken."

He kissed my forehead. "You know I'm here for you." He smirked. "Just don't tell Jace I was here for you."

I laughed and grabbed my bathing suit and went into the bathroom.