Meet Tonys Problem

It was finally the weekend, I had tons of AP homework, so on Saturday morning, I locked myself in my room.

Tony hadn't been in school on Friday, I was tempted to get a ride to his house but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I didn't want to meet his father again.

At breakfast, for some odd reason Jace kept itching his pants. When I asked him why, he glared at me and said, "I'm not sure, it must be something in the detergent."

Bailey, Diego and the kids were long gone. I was sad that my prank had no audience except for Quintin and Bryson.

"I'm meeting Leigh this morning so I'll see you two later." Quintin announced standing up.

"Behave yourself." I warned.

He rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek. "You behave yourself," he whispered in my ear.

"Great. It's just you and me." Jace deadpanned.

"Aren't you observant." I replied sarcastically and took a bite of my sausage.

"I'm still here." Bryson complained. He sighed when neither of us responded. "Fine. I know when I'm not wanted." He grabbed another bagel then left the room.

I watched him leave wondering if I should get up and get exit as well or finish an awkward breakfast with Jace.

"Why are you with Tony?" He asked me after a moment of silent eating.

I contemplated pretending that I hadn't heard him.
I sighed. "We're not really together. He's just trying to get back at you." I confessed.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "And you're letting him?" He demanded.

"And why is he trying to get back at you when it was Kennedy who betrayed him?" I asked.

"First off, it wasn't Kennedy's fault, and second, he's not particular. He just wants to hurt one of us." Jace said shrugging.

"Why would it be you?" I asked. "How would him being with me hurt you?"

Jace looked away. "That's the mystery."

"Bu-"

Jace abruptly stood and wiped his mouth off on his napkin. "I'm going to my room."

I glared at him but said nothing as he left.

About an hour into my work, Jace barged in.

"Someone's here for you. I wouldn't let him upstairs because I'm a gentlemen." he informed me bluntly.

His face was impassive. Since his sleepover in my room, we'd gotten along better but now he was back to his cold self. It was very confusing and I never knew how to feel about it. At times, I wasn't even sure if I should talk to him because I wasn't sure which Jace I was gonna get.

"What did I do to you?" I asked him getting up. "One minute your really nice to me and the next you're...being...you're being a jerk!" I exclaimed.

His face expression didn't change. "He's still waiting." He told me before leaving me alone.

I sighed and pulled sweat pants over my pajama shorts then proceeded down the staircase. "Tony." I said when I saw him sitting on the couch.

He smiled. "Hey."

I gave him a weird look. "Is everything okay?" I asked. He had a book bag.

I hasn't heard from him in days and now he was here, in the household of the people he hated.

He shrugged and patted the seat next to him. I went and sat by him curling up into a ball and leaning into his arm.

Jace groaned. "I'm leaving. The house is empty, but that doesn't mean make babies." He warned.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him.

"Gone until tonight. That's all you need to know." He retorted as he grabbed his keys and slipped his feet into his slides.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't come back." I called cheerfully.

Once we were sure he was gone, Tony turned to me.

He reached into his book bag looking around.

"What did you come for?" I asked him.

He smirked. "I thought we could work on some homework together." He said.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Did you really?" I asked.

Tony smiled. "No. But I have a better idea. I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes."

"Where were you Friday?" I asked, keeping my eyes open.

"I had some business to take care of." He replied, then smirked. "Did you miss me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not. It was just weird being able to actually breathe for an entire day."
He snorted. "Whatever. Now close your eyes please."

I gave him a confused look but closed my eyes anyways. I felt him take my hand and pull me off the couch.

I didn't know where we were going but he was headed in the direction of the door. He turned me around and pushed me against what felt like a column. Then I felt something go around my waist. I opened my eyes to see that it was a rope.

I laughed nervously. "Tony. What is this?"

He finished knotting it and came around to face me. "It's a rope. I'm a guy, you're a girl. Anything else you'd like to know?" He replied tartly.

I rolled my eyes. "I know it's a rope but what do you need it for?"

He sighed. "Don't take this personally Dakota. You're a great girl but...okay look," he ran his fingers through his hair, looking troubled. "My sister got into a really bad accident and I need money to pay for her hospital stay and the medication."

"So? What's that have to do with me?"

"Don't you see?" He asked, patting my cheek. "I'm robbing you."