Meet Dakotas Confession 2

Everyone stared at me expectantly. I looked at all of their curious faces feeling like they should just kick me out for what I did.

"I..."

"What Dakota is trying to say is that she's just to grateful to be here." Jace interrupted.

I looked at him in surprise. He wouldn't look at me though. He was looking at his mother. "She just finished talking to her mother." He explained.

Bailey opened her mouth in confusion. "Ho-"

"Ash found her and called Dakota." He added smoothly.

Bailey smiled at me. "Oh Dakota, it's a pleasure to have you here. I love having a girl in the house." She said happily.

"Yeah." Diego added. "You're an amazing girl with a great heart. Y-"

I shook my head. "No." I said. I didn't want to hear any more praise when they didn't know what I did.

Bailey and Diego frowned. Quintin nudged me. "What's going on?" He whispered.

I stood. "Jace is covering for me. I robbed you guys. I made a cover up story and I lied to you all!" I exclaimed breathing hard.

"Tony was robbing you guys and instead of getting him in trouble, I helped him." I continued looking intensely at the table.

They stared at me in shock. The entire room was silent, only Jaces face was impassive.

Finally Quintin broke the silence. "Your hand is...in your noodles." He mumbled.

I looked down to find that he was right. My hand was in my noodles and I was squeezing them.

I looked up again. Jace was shaking his head at me.

Bailey and Bryson looked distressed, Diego disappointed, the twins just looked like they didn't know what to do with themselves. I looked down at Quintin. He had a disbelieving look in his eyes, they pleaded with me to tell him that I was lying.

I couldn't take the silence any longer. I pushed my chair back and fled.

I pushed past a surprised butler and ran out the house. I didn't regret what I did, I just felt extremely embarrassed and ashamed.

It was Diego who found me out back. I was trying my best to hide behind the shed but apparently failing miserably.

"Hey." He whispered. "I didn't want to startle you." He said when I looked at him.

"You probably want to kick me out." I muttered. "I would want to kick me out."

He sat down silent for a while. He sighed heavily. "We definitely don't want to kick you out. You're family-"

"No. I'm. Not." I hissed. "Stop saying that. How can you even consider me family after what I just told you?" I wanted to shout at him but I knew it wouldn't help. I hated how he was so calm when he should have been yelling at me about how he'd never be able trust me again. 

Instead of yelling like I pictured in my head, turned to face me. I turned away but he took my chin and made me look at him. "Because people make mistakes Dakota. It's a part of life." He told me firmly.

"It wasn't a mistake." I told him jerking my chin away. It wasn't even an accident. It had been my idea.

Diego nodded. "I know why you did it. Jace explained. That was nice of you but, if we'd all stopped and spoke about it, we would have helped Tony."

I shook my head. "I didn't know what else to do. Tonys...violent." I finally confessed. Tears threatened to spill down my cheeks but I held them back. It wasn't the time to feel sorry for myself.

Diego's eyes raised. "Did he hurt you?" He asked urgently. I looked away.

"I don't want him to get in any trouble. He has to take care of his family." I insisted.

Diego smiled. "As you can see," he said looking around. "After what you just confessed, there are no police cruisers racing here so, you can trust us." He assured me.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I don't want to talk about it. Plus, Jace already took care of him." I tried to persuade him. I didn't want anymore drama in my life. And Lacey needed her brother, because from what it looked like, her father wasn't much help.

He rubbed my back. "Okay Dakota. I trust your judgement." He told me.

I sighed. "I'm going to bed." I said standing up.

He stopped me. "Hey, they'll come around okay?" He assured me. I gave him a small smile and walked back into the house.

-:¥:-

"How did it go?" Ash asked me on video chat.

I smiled weakly and told him about my confession. "After I spoke to Diego, I called Spencer, Christian and Kennedy on three way and told them. They were really upset at first but eventually came around after I explained for the fifth time. I don't know about everyone else. Quintin and Jace took it the worst." I told him sighing.

"Well, I'm still here for you." He promised blowing me a kiss.

I caught it and placed it on my cheek smiling. "Thanks Ash."

Someone called him in the background. He rolled his eyes. "Moms better. And very needy." He complained.

I laughed. "Wait till you're married." I teased.

His eyes widened and he sighed. "Can't wait. I've got to go. Lots of love. Talk to you later."

"Love you too bye." I said before hanging up.

I threw myself back on my bed in exhaustion. Confessions sure tired a person out.

An itching feeling woke me up in the middle of the night. I opened my eyes, feeling as if someone was watching me.

"Who's there?" I asked quietly.

"It's just me." The shadow said.

"Hey Quintin." I said cautiously. I wasn't sure if he was here to get me back for robbing his family so I stayed laying down where I was.

"I...just, it's been bothering me all night. I wanted to let you know that I forgive you, now that I know why you did it. You have a good heart...even though you kind of robbed us." He joked halfheartedly.

I couldn't bring myself to laugh. "I'm sorry Jace decided to give you the cold shoulder." He apologized.

The thought of Jace made me so upset. "Hey, what does your mother like to eat for breakfast? I asked suddenly.