Meet Dakotas New Relationship

"So, where are we going?" I asked Jace in the car.

"To our date." He responded cheekily. He turned to me and winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He said.

"Don't take your eyes off the road." I retorted.

He turned to me again and smiled this time. "Have you spoken to your mom?" He asked.

I looked away. "How would I even get in contact with her?" I huffed.

"1-800-I-need-a-stripper." He said jokingly.

"She's a prostitute, not a stripper." I reminded him, muttering under my breath. It wasn't that hard to believe, it was just strange to think about.

"Close enough." He said shrugging.

I turned the dial on the radio to turn up the music. I immediately started laughing. "This isn't the radio." I pointed out. "It's a cd, and it's Taylor Swift." I teased.

Jace shrugged. "Taylor Swift is amazing." he said bluntly.

I decided not to tease him any further about his love for the former country singer.  We began to sing along to 22 loudly. Jace had a nice voice but he would randomly increase volume and sing in tones that I didn't think were even possible.

Half an hour later, just in time for the last song on the CD, we arrived.

I grinned at Jace. "The last time I came to one of these, I was five." I informed him throwing my arms around his neck. "Thanks Jace." I gushed kissing his cheek.

He opened his door then came around to help me out. "First things first." He began. "We need cotton candy."

He intertwined his fingers with mine as we walked into the amusement park. There was something about simply holding Jace's hand that made me feel safe. I felt like there was no other life without having my hand in his. 

We skipped all of the other stands and stopped in front of the cotton candy maker. The woman manning it was barely taller than the machine. She smiled at us. "Hello there. Aren't you two just beautiful?" She gushed.

I smiled back at her as Jace bought two cotton candies, then we began to walk.

"Ummm..." I said. "Can I get my cotton candy?" I asked confused. He was still carrying mine.

He turned to me. "First," He held the stick out of my reach and faced me. "As you know, we've kissed a lot and stuff, and I don't do the whole friends with benefits thing so...do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked finally with a smile.

I tapped my chin smiling. He rolled his eyes.

"On one condition," I decided. He raised his eyebrows. "Our relationship doesn't change. We can still have fun and play jokes on each other." I didn't want anything to change between us; I loved our relationship as it was.

He stared at me for a moment before bursting into laughter.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What?" I asked placing, my hands on my hips.

"You really thought I'd stop playing pranks on you if we got together?" He asked in disbelief.

I blushed. "Well, I..."

"Oh and this cotton candy isn't for you." he pointed to a blonde in the distance. "I'm here to meet her, mom told me I had to bring you along and I thought it would be hilarious for me to make you think I liked you." He told me. "Funny huh?"

I stared at him in shock, tears building in my eyes. "You...you.." I had no words for what he did. The tears spilled down my cheeks. Once again, my love life was failing me. I knew that everything was too good to be true. Jace had never liked me and I had fell for him like an idiot.

"Wait, Dakota." Jace took my hands. "Don't cry. I was joking. This was the real prank but I didn't think you would cry."

I glared at him. "That wasn't a prank." I spat. "Putting hot sauce in my drink is a prank. Calling me and pretending to be the president is a prank. But you never play with a girls emotions." I said through my thick throat.

His eyes widened. "I truly was joking. I promise Dakota. Please don't be mad at me." He pleaded.

I looked around trying to decide what to do. "How can I trust you?" I asked him. "How will I know if you're not still messing with me? Again?"

He widened his eyes more and stuck out his bottom lip, his pout was too irresistible. I thought about messing with him back, but my heart was still hurting a bit.

My eyes scanned the park. "Will you win me that huge zebra?" I asked him pointing at the large stuffed animal hanging from a game in the distance.

Jace rolled his eyes and handed me my cotton candy. "If you answer my question." He bargained hopefully.

"Yes." I replied. "I'll be your girlfriend."

-:¥:-

Night had fallen and Jace wanted to go on the Ferris wheel. I was kind of nervous because it was kind of romantic and he would probably kiss me.

He'd kissed me before but I felt like it would be different now that we were an official couple.

"As long as we can go in the haunted house later." I added, to distract me from my embarrassment.

He chuckled. "As long as you don't get scared." He retorted.

I scoffed. "You're gonna need me to hold your hand." I promised him as we walked in the direction of the Ferris wheel.

I placed my zebra with the rest of the riders belongings and ten minutes later, we finally got on the ride. Jace squeezed my hand. "This is so exciting." He gushed.

I laughed and kissed his hand. His happiness was rubbing off on me.
The ride started and my heart began to race. I leaned my head on Jace's shoulder. It was strange how though we hadn't been together for longer than three hours, I felt something with Jace that I hadn't experienced with anyone else. Probably because we'd had a previous relationship, though it hadn't been a couple relationship.

Jace touched my face as we neared the top. He looked into my eyes. "I'm really sorry for the way I treated you before." He apologized. "I wasn't exactly...welcoming." He said, staring into the distance thoughtfully.

I smiled. "That's okay. You're forgiven." I bumped his shoulder playfully.

We reached the top of the wheel and I could see the entire park from our position. It looked amazing.

Jace turned my chin so that I was looking at him then slowly pressed his lips to mine. He kissed me passionately for a moment before letting go and leaving me breathless.

"I'm glad you dated those other guys." He told me.

I gave him a strange look. "Why?"

He smirked. "Because now you know that I'm the one."