𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐏 - 𝟎𝟑𝟎.

CHAPTER 𝟎𝟑𝟎

CHAPTER 𝟎𝟑𝟎. — FOGGY MEMORIES.

____

I was making myself a small snack in the kitchen. It was early in the morning. It's currently the next day since me and Tom's little mishap. Flashbacks were still coming to me. I shake my head, trying to get those memories out of my head.

I slice the strawberries from the stem, then right in half. I do this for the next couple of strawberries. After I was done cutting them I set them aside, and opened the fridge to find some cherries. Luckily, I was able to find them. I reached my arm fairly halfway due to the cherries being in the middle of the fridge.

Once I take them out I take out the certain amount I needed for my snack. Putting the cherries in a small little bowl, then turning on the tap and rinsing them throughly. After that was done I placed them in the same bowl the strawberries were in.

I hum at the little fruit bowl I made, and went straight to the kitchen island to eat the fruit. I made myself comfortable on the stool and began eating.

As I was eating a cherry I realized I forgot to take some napkins for the seeds, and to wipe my mouth. I got up and quickly grabbed the small white decorative pieces of paper. I got back on my seat and continued eating the delightful red colored fruit.

As I was mid-way eating a cherry I heard footsteps. I raised my eyebrows while looking up, however, not in a surprised manner. Once I saw Tom—shirtless might I add, I gulped remembering the night we had yesterday.

I tried to keep my composure as he came closer and closer to the kitchen. I kept my eyes and my attention fully on the bowl in front of me. Ignoring the clatter behind me.

I was eating and eating until a voice caught my attention.

"Did you sleep well?" Tom said. I only turned my head over my shoulder. It was a sight to see. Tom was leaning on the counter, whisking was it looks like waffle batter.

I took a bite of cherry and nodded. I crossed my legs over the other. Slightly bouncing my left leg.

"Hey, are you okay." Tom says, his footsteps coming closer to the island. I nod my head whilst humming.

"No, you're not." He retorts. "And even if you were, you would at least say something, not just shake your head and hum." He explains.

He was right.

I had the urge to bring this up, and it was killing me at this point. I turned my body to him, I tried to look at him in the face without my eyes traveling down his upper body. I even saw Tom's eyes escape mines for a split second, seeing his eyes travel a bit lower than my face.

"Don't you remember anything from last night?" I ask, taking a price of strawberry and plopping it into my mouth.

Tom shakes his head. I furrow my brows together.

"Why did something happen?" He asks. I slowly bring my bottom lip to my teeth.

"No, nothing happened." I lied. "Then why are you bringing this up?" He quickly claps back. I shake my head rapidly.

"No, no reason." I say, a knot was in my throat. I face the other way, trying to find reasons why he wouldn't remember about yesterday.

"Tom, how do you not remember about last night." I say, pushing on the thought.

He shrugs his shoulders. I give him a look.

"Well that doesn't help does it now?" I ask, full sarcasm in my tone of voice. Tom furrows his brows.

"How come you're so interested all of a sudden, did you do something bad and you're not telling me? Did I do something bad—well that's likely to happen." He says, now resting his elbows on the edge of the island.

I stay quiet. My eyes were glued forward, my heart was slightly racing.

Should I tell him?

Should I not.

Those were the main two questions that were going through my head. I didn't even realize Tom's hand made it to my upper thigh, only when he have my leg a small squeeze. I tensed a little, however not too much where Tom would know I was uncomfortable.

"You're not telling me something, is that it?" Tom whispers, pushing himself closer to me. Using my leg and the island as a resting place for his arms.

I gulp.

Would it be that bad if I told him?

"Come on Brooke, you can tell me." He insists. I look at up at him. The hand placement and the way he's looking at me really doesn't make this any better for me.

"Fine." I mumble. "You're right, I am hiding something from you." I say a bit louder, my voice slightly cracking.

Tom smirks, in a way when he finally got what he wanted.

He nods. "Well go on. I'm waiting." He says, tapping his pointer finger up and down on my leg. His thumb pushing a bit inwards to my skin.

My breathing started to race. "First things first. I really want you to think back on what you did when you were gone." I say, pleading almost. I just had to be double sure I was ready to say this.

"Can you do that for me." I quietly added. I saw something in Tom's eyes flicker, but nonetheless he complied.

He looked downward. Trying to find the slightest thing he did yesterday night before coming home. I mean it shouldn't be this hard, should it?

"I went to take care of business, made alliances with other groups in the Mafia. Then after we agreed we had some drinks." Tom trails off.

I nod slowly. "Did you drink any drinks, if so, how many drinks did you take, and what were they?" I ask, now my curiosity grew larger and larger. 

"What's with these—" I interrupted him. "Just answer the goddamn question."

"Fine, fine." He says, "probably around three-four whiskeys or so." Tom responds.

I took that information in, and with the amount of whiskey this man had drank, he was probably drunk, but it would be weird, his clothes didn't smell like alcohol. Now that I'm thinking about it his lips did leave a small linger of whiskey.

So to sum it all up. Tom and I were all over each other and he was drunk?!

I guess, drunk words are sober thoughts.

However in my case it would be,

Drunk actions are sober thoughts.

"Are you going to tell me?" Tom asks.

____