Ch. 22: The 5 Leopards Resort and Casino

~~~~~

  ~~~~~

The faint sounds of the beeps of the monitors become a little more louder for Susan as she begins to slowly regain consciousness, the crack of dawn being seen through the closed blinds in the hospital room, her hearing light snores on her chest.

She stares down, seeing Sam's head laid against her chest, his tattooed arms being rested against the bed with his body slouched over. Her body feels weak and sore, but that sharp pain she always felt in her stomach and lower region while she was pregnant now gone which she finds relieving. She feels weak, sore but also relieved.

She blinks for a little bit, her mind honestly feeling hazed over. She slowly places her hand on the back of Sam's head, softly scratching through his dirty blonde hair.

Sam slowly wakes up, him immediately raising up when he sees Susan awake, using his fingers to wipe his eyes. "Amore."

"Hi." She softly says.

"Hey." He smiles at her, stroking her face. "You're here. Fuck baby you had us all worried."

Susan looks around lightly at the hospital room, her eyes turning back to Sam. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Sam asks, Susan going to slowly shake her head. "You...you started bleeding and—"

"Oh my god!" Susan tries to raise up, her hand gripping his arm.

"No no Amore lay back down—"

"The baby! My baby are they okay?! Where is it?!" Susan panics, looking at her stomach that is no longer a bump. "Oh no! No no did he take them away from me again?!"

"Amore what are you talking about?"

"Neil!" Susan cries. "He took my baby please don't tell me he did it again!"

"Amore calm down sweetie, it's okay." Sam softly hushes, stroking her cheeks. "That bastard died years ago, he's dead and gone. He can't hurt you anymore you understand?"

Susan slowly nods her head, her eyes going to close. "That....that's right I...."

"It's okay." Sam softly hushes, moving a strand of hair away from her face. "Our babygirl is just fine."

"A girl?" Susan asks.

Sam nods with a smile. "You want to see her?"

Susan nods her head eagerly while raising up a little bit, Sam going over to the door. "Wait where are you going?" She pouts.

"I'll be right back." He comes back over to her, her expression being one of confusion and nervousness. "Hey. Everything is okay, it's okay." He softly tells her.