Ch. 25: Underworld Brawls

(A few days later.....)

   ~~~~~

~~~~~

"Has anything been found?" Sabrina asks, her holding her phone in her hand while in Sam's office. Sam and Susan stand behind Sam's desk, Susan holding Silvia while holding her bottle to her lips, Santiago standing in the room as well.

"Unfortunately not." Adriano replies, him, Aldo, Alessandro, Aries and Annabelle being all around the table with the phone in the middle.

"We've hit up pretty much all of the hospitals around the city and even out of the city in a radius where she would most likely be taken after an accident but nothing, no patients have checked in under her name or description." Aries explains.

"I may have found a little something, but we kind of already knew it." Annabelle says.

"What'd you find?" Sam asks.

"I went to the junkyard and asked about the car and why was it destroyed. I got the owner of the junkyard to talk to me and he said that they always regularly destroy the cars that way people can come for parts, but I sensed he was hiding something." Annabelle explains. "So after putting a gun to his face and threatening to shoot his balls he said there were two men that ordered for the car to be destroyed."

"Descriptions?" Sabrina asks.

"He sized them up as bodyguard looking. All black suit, dark hair, shades, nothing much else." Annabelle replies.

"So clearly whoever caused the accident is rich, has people who are able to do their dirty work to hide the evidence." Aldo states. "It's either some dumbass teen that did something stupid and they are using mommy and daddy's resources to cover it over or.....this might be an enemy."

"But Elio doubts it's an enemy because they most likely would've made contact by now explaining what they want." Alessandro explains.

"Unfortunately....that video is our best shot." Annabelle states.

Sam just sighs out in irritation, Susan holding Silvia more closer to her with a worried expression written on her face.

"Thanks, Anna. Keep digging." Sabrina tells her.

"I will."

Sabrina hangs up the call. "This is fucking dragging by."

"How long is that damn video going to take?!" Sam exclaims madly.

"I already told you days ago that it wasn't going to be in a snap of a finger, Sam." Sabrina crosses her arms. "This is a matter of upping video quality, running facial recognition after the video quality is improved and using Jared's systems at the station to run a plate if the angle of the camera could even make out the plate. This isn't going to take just a few days, it will be weeks."