Ch. 50: Much Needed Comfort

(Terrence's Home)    ~~~~~

   (Terrence's Home)
~~~~~

"Okay I must admit that episode was really good." Holly comments, her and Erica being in the medical room where Lucas is.

"Yeah it was." Erica responds, her yawning with her eyes closed.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna go on and throw all of this away." Holly motions, her picking up the boxes of WingStop and going to leave out of the room.

Erica stands up, her going over to Lucas and staring down at him. "Please wake up soon, mom is a mess. Dad is trying to keep it together for her, but I know he's livid." She comments, her taking his hand and holding it. "It's only so much I can keep together, there's only so much sane I can keep myself. I'm trying....but I need your help."

Erica takes a little breath, her placing a hand on his shoulder. "Love you, brother."

She goes to put the chairs back and leave out of the room, seeing Holly come back over to her.

"So do I take one of the guest rooms in the left or right hall?"

"You sleep in my room."

"Oh." Holly's says surprised. "You sure?"

"Keep me sane, Holly. I insist."

"Alright." Holly nods. "You want us to watch something? Play some video games? Or just sit and look at TikTok's?"

"TikTok's, I don't feel like TV or games." Erica replies. "I'm just gonna check on mom and Dad real quick."

Holly nods, her watching as Erica goes to leave downstairs.

The only light in the large room of Sue and Charles is the TV that plays at a low volume, Sue straddling his lap with her being fast asleep, Charles rubbing her back softly as he sways slowly from side to side, him humming softly in her ear with his eyes closed, his eyes being wet with his own tears.

"Dad?"

Charles opens his eyes from the whisper, Erica coming inside of the room. "Hey babygirl."

Erica gives a tight and small pained smile, her hugging herself lightly while staring at Sue. "How....well how has she been?"

"Her nausea has been getting to her more, but she's finally asleep." Charles replies. "How are you, babygirl? And don't lie to me."