Ch: 69: The One That Got Away

~~~~~

~~~~~

Max sits in the hotel room that she checked herself into in the same building where all of the boys are, all of them deciding to stay in the same hotel building until after the funeral tomorrow for Kendall.

She sits on a soft cushioned bench right next to the glass window that she leans on, looking at how the rain patters against the glass, how it hits the ground. It is a calming sound compared to the yells she can hear from  across the way and through the wall, letting her know that her family is occupying the whole floor and everyone arguing and sharing their own opinions, and she didn't want to be part of it.

After Lucas explained his wishes to her, explained everything to her she had to get out, she had to get away to release her vulnerability, she had to be alone. Despite her holding back the words hurt her, like a stab going right to her heart. She hates it, because she has never felt a feeling like this before. Her chest feels so tight to where she feels like she can't even breathe, her heart aches so much and her mind will not settle down, she just feels.....

Out of control of her emotions.

And she hates that.

It is so many mixed emotions that she feels that it just becomes confusing for her. Anger, frustration, rage, heartbreak, sadness, agony, so many emotions at the same time and she can't even fathom why, she can't fathom why she isn't able to just swallow them down simply and move about on her day like she has always done, like it was taught for her to do in hard situations.

So she just closes off and isolates herself to try and get her emotions in check, because she has never felt like this before. She has never felt so weak and vulnerable.

And she hates that she does.

Niccolò goes over to Max while holding Silvia, him going to sit down on the edge of the cushioned bench, looking at Max who stares out of the glass window with a distant and cold expression in her eyes, the guarded eyes covering over her true emotions that she tries to mask. "You don't have to hide your emotions from me, Max. I'm here for you, whenever you need me."

Max doesn't respond, her just feeling drained of energy to even talk to anyone right now. She doesn't feel like talking, she doesn't even want to vent. So she just remains silent, her still looking out of the window.

"Sa." Silvia reaches for her.

Max smiles softly while taking Silvia, going to put her on her lap and play around with the toy in her hand. "Why are they being so loud, Nic?" She sighs.

"Mom is pissed at Lio." Niccolò replies. "And when you have an angry lawyer that is a danger zone. So no one is making a move to stop her."