Ch. 49: The Dark Blue Suit

(A few days later....)

  ~~~~~

  ~~~~~

Rita pours another glass of wine for herself, Sue having a bottled water next to her, both of sitting at the small table in the lounging room of the house, a blanket being wrapped around her with her nose and eyes red, her being in her night clothes.

"One thing you have to do is take things a day at a time." Rita comments. "Right now you are looking to far in the future, wondering how you are going to cope and manage, how you are going to help your other kids and the kid you have coming along, how you are going to be there for your husband that keeps everything in. You have to stop, take a breath, calm yourself and tell yourself you are just going to make it through today, and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes."

Sue nods her head in understanding, her honestly having no tears left to cry, her practically drowning herself in her tears for the last few days ever since Kendall's death. Between the stomach pains of her pregnancy and the nausea along with her headaches from crying so much she feels herself completely exhausted, it even taking almost everything to get her out of bed today.

"What about Lucas?" Sue questions exhausted. "What if I lose him too?"

"You can't think like that." Rita shakes her head. "What you have to do is do things for the sake of your child growing inside of you. You must eat regularly, get enough nutrients in and get rest. You have to calm yourself and let yourself grieve with others, do not isolate yourself. Lean on someone, lean on your husband."

"Where's Erica?" Sue asks.

"Eddie said she has been in the gun range for the last couple of hours." Rita replies. "Would you like me to get her?"

Sue shakes her head. "No, she needs to blow off her steam." She responds. "How's Susan?"

Rita sighs a little. "Well she has amnesia. It's not full amnesia like Max had but she doesn't remember the last twenty years of her life."

"Oh my god." Sue sighs out.

"She'll remember soon though, she is getting some memories, and it's not like she doesn't remember anyone." Rita replies.

"I have so much to thank her for." Sue says. "Without her I would've lost two children."

"You can thank her when she gets her memories back, and something tells me that'll be soon given how stubborn and headstrong she has been being. Sam has told me some stories." Rita replies.

Sue smiles softly. "Rita I thank you so much. I hate all of the normal comfort talk people always give when you lose someone, and you don't give that. You and your husband have been truly helping. I thank you both so much."