𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 you couldn't sleep peacefully. your body seemed to go through phases of insomnia. sometimes you were out like a light as soon as you hit the pillow and other times you couldn't help but feel restless. you checked the alarm clock beside you, the digital numbers reading 4:36 am.

fuck it, you weren't going to be able to sleep anyways. you got up from the warmth of your bed, and headed over to your closet to pick out workout clothes.

the benefits of living on UA's campus meant you had free access to all of the gyms they had built. you tired your hair up in a ponytail to ensure it was out of your face after you'd slipped on a pair of workout shorts and a sports bra.

grabbing you water bottle and earphones, you quietly left the dorms and began your run to the gym. you made it there within ten minutes and as you had guessed it was empty.

since it was still the holidays, no one wanted to train at around five in the morning. you placed your belongings down at stepped into one of the training rooms. it was large, with tall ceilings.

some of the teachers had made requests for the support students to create opponents for training. you walked up to one of the creations - a robot around the same height as yourself. you took a deep breath and flipped the 'on' button.

your quirk was pretty simple, it allowed you to harness the power of nature. you could either create it from your own body or manipulate it from the nature around you. the requirements for your quirk were sunlight and plenty of water - you were basically a plant.

as the robot lunched at you, you quickly shot vines out of your hands, wrapping the green ropes around the machine rendering it immobile. you then spun your body around, the vines still attached to the machine. you released your quirk, allowing the robot to be harshly thrown against the wall. you rolled your eyes, it was barely even a warm up.

you approached the machine - which was made out of strong enough material so it wouldn't break easily - and set the setting from 'easy' to 'insane'. what a weird name for a setting.

you jumped back as the robot began moving again. this time it was much quicker and stronger. you deactivated your quirk, aiming to focus on your hand to hand combat skills.

you quickly blocked the machine's attack, swinging your leg into its side and sending it flying again.

after around half an hour of pure hand to hand practice, you turned the machine off and sat against the wall for a little break. you took a second to close your eyes and lean your head back, appreciating the calm.