𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘖𝘕𝘌

ANASTASIA VILLIN

If I had a dollar, for every time i've wanted to drop out of high school, i'd be a millionaire.

I'm currently selling cupcakes, for school because i'm failing history, which means I have to volunteer for extra credit.

This sucks.

"I'm short on cookies." Bill was suddenly right in front of me, how did I not see him?

"Grab as many as you'd like." I sighed, tapping my foot up and down. "Are you going to the party tonight?" I added, I had been counting down the hours until I could go.

"Maybe, I might hang out with my brother and some other friends at their house instead. You can come if you'd like." He took one of my cookie racks, sending me a half smile.

I watched him scurry back off, to his station. It was weird that he wouldn't be going to a party, me on the other hand..

Skipping a party? Yeah, no way. 

I continued handing out cupcakes, for maybe the next half an hour, 'til my station became semi-empty. I decided to take a smoke break.

I pushed past the double exit doors, walking a little past the school, I took a pack of cigarettes out of my purse, along with my lighter.

I sat on a bench, scrolling on my phone, and lifting the fag up to my mouth every so often.

I heard a car door slam shut, my head perking up, it looked familiar. Who's car is that?

I squinted my eyes, focusing on the driver, as he got out, ohh. Yeah, I must've seen it parked at Bill's house, a couple weeks back.

His brother, is... honestly, I don't know how to describe him, he never came out to parties nor get togethers, hung out with people on band, which Bill was apart of, but Bill had multiple different friend groups. Tom never really talked to us, i'd go to their house sometimes.

The most i'd get was an awkward 'hey.'

He's cute though, really cute.

I think he hated me though, he never talks to me, he'll talk to any of Bill's other friends, but not me, and when we did it was awkward.

It sucks, because again. He's cute.

I smiled, giving him a small wave, he spotted me, immediately looking off to the side.

I built my courage up, jogging over to him. He didn't look at me, simply walking towards the bake sale, I dropped my cig putting it out.

"What's got you lookin' like that?" I peered up at him, he clears his throat, his face twisting into a weird look, once his gaze matched mine.

Cute.

"It's just— really hot today." He excuses, pointing to the sun. I laughed, shrugging my shoulders.

"It's like fifty degrees."

"Yeah."

Okay then.