CRIM AND DOMAGIO

Crim's partner, DOMAGIO, watches them from the landscape truck parked behind the SUV.

Domagio is a bear of a guy, in his mid-sixties. He wears a New York Yankees baseball cap.

CRIM: You see, zombies are fiction. Gravers are quite real. (Pointing to a bench) This way.

Lane looks to Healy and he shrugs.

CRIM: Come on then. I won't bite.

Lane and Healy follow Crim to a garden seating area. Meanwhile, Domagio loads equipment into the back of the landscape truck while keeping an eye on Crim.

CEMETERY GARDEN AREA - CONTINUOUS

Crim, Lane and Healy sit on benches in front of the reflecting pool.

CRIM: My partner over at the lorry, he's Domagio. From Brooklyn he is.

Crim waves at his partner. Domagio, cigar in mouth, musters a weak tip of his baseball cap.

HEALY: I saw that truck at the meat plant.

CRIM: Quite right. We've been at arm's length for more than a few days now.

LANE: Is this about my father?

CRIM: Regrettably, your late padre has become a bother to some of us. We were too late to help your uncle.  My condolences.

LANE: (Elbowing Healy) You didn't believe me.

HEALY: Hey, if you're cops, we didn't do anything wrong - much.

CRIM: This is not about you or your sordid ways young man. It's Ms. Slaughter who's in danger. (Looking at his pocket watch) Right then. It's tea time. Union rules.

Crim pops up from the bench. He motions to Domagio, pointing to his watch with some urgency. They walk to Crim's van.  Lane and Healy hesitate then follow the strange Englishman. 

INT. THE VIDEO STUDIO - SAME

LANE: Crim and Domagio were part of your outfit.

The Floor Director nods the affirmative until Jessop scowls at him. Then he nods negative.

LANE: What happened to him? 

JESSOP: All in good time, Ms. Slaughter.

LANE:  Is Healy alive?  Tell me.

FLOOR DIRECTOR: Tell us.

JESSOP: As far as I know your friend is alive. Now let's continue with your version of events.

LANE: No! I've told you enough. I want to see Healy.

JESSOP:  Ms. Slaughter your antics last night caused a cemetery to be closed, and repairs will take weeks - at great expense to you! Your cooperation now could greatly mitigate your liability and culpability for the slayings you may be party to. Do I make myself clear?

FLOOR DIRECTOR:  (Pouring Lane another shot of whiskey.) Better spill your guts, girlfriend.

Lane knows they have the upper hand.  She downs the drink.

LANE: We ended up at some coffee shop. Don't know the name of it, about ten minutes drive from the cemetery.

EXT. ESTABLISHING SHOT OF THE COFFEE SHOP - DAY

The black landscape truck is parked in the coffee shop lot. The shop is beside a motel with a swimming pool full of water.

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY 

Healy and Lane sit in a booth opposite Crim and Domagio. Crim pours himself a steaming cup of tea. Domagio tucks into a full meatloaf dinner with all the fixings.