SHOWDOWN

EXT. CEMETERY - TOP OF THE HILL - NIGHT

LANE (V.O.) Well, anyway, we made it back to the truck and Crim was pissed.  Not so much about Healy and me, but Domagio was nowhere to be found.

Crim, Lane and Healy stand at the FDI truck parked where they left it.

CRIM: Blast. He's always doing this.

HEALY: Hey, the wood chipper's gone.

Lane stoops down and picks up her father's road kill fur hat which is lying on the ground.

LANE: He's here.

EXT. THE PATH TO THE SLAUGHTER CRYPT - NIGHT

It's a dark path with only intermittent lighting.  This is a cemetery after all and foot traffic is not expected at night. Crim is yards ahead of Lane and Healy as they walk down the hill. They are in stealth mode since they could bump into Rushton at any point. Like a point man, Crim turns and motions for Healy and Lane to stop. They do. Crim takes a few steps forward to recon. 

Healy steps in something and his foot slips. He shines a flashlight down on his shoe. He's in a puddle of blood and guts. His face screws up.

HEALY: Lane?

Lane turns to him and looks down. She crouches and then carefully dips her finger into the goo. She dabs it onto the tip of her tongue.

LANE: Domagio. 

HEALY: Should we tell Crim?

But Lane knows that won't be necessary. She points. Crim is standing a few yards away. He's holding a hearing aid still attached to Domagio's ear. Crim struggles to keep his emotions in check, but a stiff upper lip prevails.

CRIM: Right then. 

Lane and Healy stand up awkwardly, allowing a few moments of silence so Crim can pay his respects.

CRIM: He was a good man. A family man. Fare thee well old sport.

Suddenly, a dollop of Domagio's bloody tissue slop falls out of a tree onto Crim's shoulder. 

INT. THE SLAUGHTER CRYPT - NIGHT - MINUTES LATER

Rushton, still wearing the black diving suit, has pried the marble door from the vault containing his brother's remains. With alarming strength, he pulls the metal casket onto the floor. It lands top-side up. He reaches into a fanny pack he is wearing and pulls out a battery screwdriver. He undoes the screws holding the lid down. He's about to lift the lid when -

LANE (O.C.) Get away from my uncle!

Rushton turns to the voice. Lane stands in the doorway of the mausoleum. SOUND OF THUNDER. LIGHTNING FLASHES BEHIND HER. Crim and Healy step up behind her. 

Rushton is badly decomposed - hideous - plastinated sinew and rotting flesh droop off his bones.

HEALY: (cringing, aside to Crim) Is that her old man?

CRIM: Quite. Why do you ask?

HEALY: (distastefully) Well, you know, they say the daughter ends up looking like the parents.

LANE: Back away from the casket.

RUSHTON: Or you'll do what?

LANE: Kick your rotten ass to hell, where it belongs.

RUSHTON: Not until I take his skin. His and then yours. I'll stitch your face onto my butt.

Rushton laughs and holds up the Dermatone (skin shaver) and turns it on.