WHEN NATURE CALLS

INT. THE FDI TRUCK - CEMETERY - NIGHT

Lane has nodded off while sitting in the passenger seat.  She snores and a stream of drool issues from the corner of her mouth. The walkie-talkie sitting on the dashboard in front of her crackles to life.

CRIM (O.C.) Lane are you there?  Lane or Healy come in.

Lane wakes abruptly and seizes the walkie-talkie, fumbling with the buttons in her half-asleep stupor.

LANE: Yeah, we're here. 

INTERCUT BETWEEN LANE IN THE VAN AND CRIM OUTSIDE THE SLAUGHTER CRYPT.

CRIM: Just checking in. No signs of your father down here.

LANE:  Ditto.  All clear up here. (She notices the gold band on her finger.) Mr. Crim, Healy gave me a ring.  For the first time in forever, I feel wanted.

CRIM: Four hours to daylight. Stay alert.  

LANE: Right. 

Lane puts the walkie-talkie back on the dashboard. She steps out of the truck and stretches.

LANE: Crim says to stay alert. Healy are you sleeping?  

Lane walks to the back of the truck, looking around and under the wood chipper which is still hitched to the van.  Healy is nowhere to be seen.

LANE: (whispering) Healy?

NEARBY BUSHES - Same

Lane walks through the bushes. Spooky shadows are everywhere.

LANE: (whispering) Healy! Healy!

Lane spots the silhouette of what appears to be a man in the distance.

LANE: (whispering) Healy is that you?

There is a figure of a man out there but - Healy's hand touches her shoulder. Lane jumps with fright.

HEALY: Shhhhsh. Lighten up.

LANE: I thought I saw.... What the hell are you doing in the bush? Were you masturbating?

HEALY: (incredulous) What?

LANE: I naturally assumed...

HEALY: That I stepped into the nearest bush to whack off! You're sick.

LANE: So what are you doing?

HEALY: I had four cups of coffee back at that diner, not to mention the meatloaf. Duh. (He holds up half a roll of toilet paper) Now let me finish.

Healy takes a few steps toward a tree while undoing his zipper. Lane follows him and zips him back up.

LANE: You can't do that out here. It's a cemetery; hallowed ground and all that.

Healy unzips himself again.

HEALY: Then I won't do it on the ground. There's a hollow tree stump over there.

LANE: NO!

Lane zips Healy back up.

LANE: There's a columbarium down there. It has a restroom. Healy relents and they begin walking back to the van.

PATH TO THE CEMETERY COLUMBARIUM - CONTINUOUS

Lane and Healy walk along the path and pass a sign that reads: HIGHGATE COLUMBARIUM AND CREMATORY. 

LANE: If Crim finds out we left our post so you could have a dump...

HEALY: What's this colum place? More dead bodies?