THE ROAD TO GRAVERLAND

INT. GAS STATION WASHROOM - NIGHT

A CAMERA SUSPENDED FROM THE CEILING captures the image of Rushton standing in front of the grungy mirror. He's half squeezed into the neoprene body glove he took from the woman in the SUV. He pulls the suit higher over his waist, tugging on the front zipper. 

GURGLING SOUNDS.

Suddenly, the pressure on his body forces a stream of black puss to squirt from his nipples onto the mirror. More disgusting slime dispenses from his nose and ears. Unfazed, he continues to inch into the black rubber suit. Again he tugs on the body glove zipper forcing it up to his neck. He's in, and looking trim and together. Seeing himself in the mirror, he gives himself a thumbs up. 

KNOCK AT THE WASHROOM DOOR.

VOICE (O.C.) Hello? 'scuse me?

EXTERIOR - GAS STATION WASHROOM DOOR- CONTINUOUS

A bored-looking TEENAGED GAS STATION EMPLOYEE with a bucket and mop knocks on the door again. He pulls out a key and is about to let himself in, but the door swings in. As the door opens, the interior light goes out, so he can't see Rushton's condition. Rushton hurries out, brushing stiffly past the kid. The stunned kid watches as Rushton, in the diving suit, walks stiffly to his SUV.

The kid sighs then enters the washroom with his mop and turns on the light. The stench from the rotted body fluids makes the kid gag. The mirror, sink, vanity and floor are covered in fluids and slime. 

Before the kid knows what happening, Rushton drives the SUV into the night past a sign that reads:  HIGHGATE CEMETERY ONE MILE AHEAD.

EXT. HIGHGATE CEMETERY GATE - NIGHT

The FDI landscape truck pulls to a stop in front of the locked cemetery gate.

INT. THE FDI LANDSCAPE TRUCK - NIGHT

Domagio is at the wheel and Crim rides shotgun. Lane leans into the front cab and sees they have stopped at an imposing metal gate.

LANE: Guess I can't get my car out until morning.

Crim looks at a tracking screen showing the position of Lane's SUV within the cemetery grounds. 

CRIM:  Your car is where you parked it this morning, in front of your family crypt.  

DOMAGIO:  No other traffic around?

Crim nods the negative.

DOMAGIO: (over his shoulder to Lane) It's not who's leaving, it's who's going in.

Crim lowers his sun visor. He takes down a set of keys which he hands to Domagio. Domagio exits the van and goes to work on the gate lock, illuminated by the van's headlights.

HEALY: If we're not going for her car...  what's happening?

CRIM: Lane, we think your father will visit the family crypt, likely tonight.

Lane leans back, devastated at the thought.

LANE: (realizing) He wants Mitch's body. 

DOMAGIO: Or the parts he needs.

CRIM: Your uncle is a perfect match, DNA-wise, and he's...fresh. There were too many witnesses at the church so he'll harvest here.  Maybe come back a few times as needed.

Domagio has opened the cemetery gate. He returns to the truck and stands at the open door. Lane has fallen silent and is mulling over the situation.

CRIM: Domagio and I could use the help. But we'll understand if you beg off.