CHAPTER 20: COLD

Alyssa's view:

I'm in bed, and I wake up.  I look around the room. I'm confused. I'm not sure what is happening to me.

Did I just have a nightmare or is this nightmare real?  

Did I kiss Tom? Did he stop the kiss, and then tell me that he only thinks of me as a little sister.

You have no idea how badly I want this to be a dream.

I'm in sweats, and a tee-shirt. That is definitely not what I was wearing when I kissed Tom.

I was wearing a red dress. Wait, I don't even have a dress like that. I mean I do have that red dress, but I didn't pack it to bring with me.

I am trying to remember the whole scene, kissing Tom, him rejecting me.  I remember it, and I vividly recall that it was at my house. We were at my house.

I look around the room. This is not my room. In my house. This is Tom's house.

Just then I hear knocking at my door. I look at the door. Tom's voice.  Calling my name.

Tom said, "Alyssa."

I said, 'yeah."

Tom said, "Can I open the door?'

I said, 'yeah."  I can barely find the words to talk, more like I mumbled them.

Tom opens the door.

He said, "hey I just was wanting to know if you wanted to order pizza. Or did you have something else you wanted to eat."

I said, "Eat?"

Tom said, 'uh yeah, I know it's only 4, but I'm getting kind of hungry. I thought pizza sounded good. Jake and I just came in and we worked up an appetite playing."

I said, "it's 4."

Tom said, 'yeah. Alyssa, are you okay?"

I said, "um yeah, I just woke up. Yeah, pizza sounds good."

I look at Tom. When I kissed him, he was wearing something different, it was night, I was wearing a dress. 

Tom left to go order the pizza.  Jake got in bed with me and sat on my lap.

I said, "Thank God Jakie, that was just a bad dream. I didn't make a fool of myself. But the bad thing is, I've fallen for Tom. Jake, you have to keep my secret okay. Tom can never know. I don't want this nightmare to come true."

I've decided that I have to keep my distance from Tom. I don't want Tom to figure out that I have fallen for him.

I can't trust myself with him. He has some kind of power over me. He is so hot, and his hair is perfect. His body is perfect. The dream was so real.

I'm so lucky that it was just a dream. But I have to make sure that it stays a dream. I don't want to kiss him and be rejected like that.

Tom's view:

Once again, I'm facing a sleepless night. Because of the girl that is in the bedroom across from mine.

This girl has me feeling all sorts of things. And I'm not just talking sexual things.

I'm talking emotions. And I'm not good at emotions, or feeling things, or dealing with what I feel.

The first night she was here, all I could think about was her.

The next night I was obsessed with her voice, hearing her sing that song lit a fire in me, and it made me obsessed with finding everything I could about her.