CHAPTER 25: MOVING OUT

Tom's view:

I don't know what the hell happened. I now am kicking myself for not paying attention to their rehearsal.

Did Jordan or one of the guys in the band come down hard on her, I wouldn't have thought so. Did they criticize her?

Because something has happened.  She was happy this morning and looking forward to going to that diner. Now she wants to go home.

She looks sad. Her eyes are sad, and I think that she's trying hard to not cry.

She's avoiding eye contact, and she's looking out the window.  I've tried to talk to her, but she doesn't talk back. 

She just gives replies, one or two words.

She's not being rude, she's being sweet and polite, but just not talking.

What the hell happened?

We got to the car, I unlocked her door and went around and got in.

I started the car.  I'll try again to reach her.

I said, "Alyssa, are you sure you don't want anything from that diner. You said you were craving their food?"

She said, "no thanks Tommy. I shouldn't have it anyway, I'm fat."

I said, "Alyssa stop. You are not fat. In fact, you need to eat more. If anything, you're too thin."

She said, "Thank you for saying that it's very sweet of you. If you are hungry, it's fine, we can stop, but I don't want anything."

I said, "I don't need anything, but do you at least want to get the shake?"

She said, "no thank you Tom."

This whole conversation she has not looked at me one time. Not one time. She's looking out the window.

Could I have done this to her? Made her sad?

I'm not good at understanding girls or reading them, but I can tell when Alyssa is upset. Even if she's trying hard to not show it.

The guys in her band have known her a lot longer, and they didn't see it. But it's clear to me, she's trying hard to not cry.

I'm surprised Jordan couldn't tell.

It's obvious she's upset, and obvious that she doesn't want me to know that. She's trying really hard to act normal and keep it together, but I have to know what upset her.

I said, "Alyssa what's wrong? Did something happen at the studio?"

She said, "no. Nothing is wrong. But thank you for asking."

Okay I wish she would stop being so sweet and polite and just tell me what's wrong. It's obvious that she is upset.

Could she be upset with me?  

Is it because I was talking to that girl? Could she be jealous. No that is crazy. And she was so focused on her song, and Jordan, looking at Jordan the entire time she was singing I'm sure she didn't even notice me talking to her.

We are driving, in silence. She said, "Tom if you're hungry it's fine if you want to stop unless you don't want to ruin your appetite, for your."  She mumbled that last part; I didn't hear her.

I said, "I'm hungry but it's not a big deal. I don't want to stop anywhere if you aren't going to eat. I can eat at home."

She said, "okay."

I said, "Do you want to go anywhere else? Maybe for a long drive?"

She said, "no I don't need to go anywhere else. If you have to stop somewhere it's fine."

THE COP AND THE POP STARजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें