CHAPTER 28: THE NEW COUPLE

Alyssa's view:

I woke up in my bed. I was covered with a blanket. Still in my dress, but my shoes and socks off.  Tom must have carried me to bed.

Okay my mind went crazy with that thought. I meant it innocently, but the thought of Tom carrying me to bed, and joining me.  

I got up and went to make him breakfast.  I wanted to thank him for giving me such a great night.

I think I may have had the most fun in my entire life last night.

I hate scary movies, and I even enjoyed that. Because I was in his arms, and my head on his chest, eyes closed.

I wasn't even scared, because actually I never heard any of the movie.

I couldn't focus as I was so close to Tom. He smelled so good.

Last night was perfect. Even if it wasn't a real date.

I have so much fun with him just talking to him.

And the fact that he turned down sex with Kari to do this for me.  That means so much. He could have asked for a night off, to go hook up, could have sent me to Judy's, or asked Jordan to take me. But he didn't.

I made him a big breakfast. I hope he is hungry.

I turned around and he was standing there.

He said, "morning."

I said, "morning."  I blushed. I can tell by my cheeks burning.  I just hope he didn't notice.

Tom said, "I woke up to the most delicious smell."  He smiled. Making me feel weak.

I said, 'I wanted to make you a big breakfast, because you were so sweet to take me out last night. I had such a good time."

He smiled. He said, "I'm glad. And thank you. I had a great night. Thank you for breakfast."

We ate and just talked. Then we left to go get Jake.

Later in the week we had to go to the station to meet with Adam and Jordan. The mayor was going to be there.

Last night, after we got the call from Adam telling us what time to be there, I was sitting on the couch. Tom was doing some work on his computer in the kitchen, and I was watching tv, although I wasn't paying any attention.

There was a game on.  Tom came in and sat down on the couch.

He said, "What's the score?'

I said, "What Tom?"

He said, "What's the score."

I said, "What, oh the game, I wasn't paying attention."

Tom said, "oh are you okay?"

I said, "yeah."

Tom said, "Do you want to talk about it."

I said, "yeah. I was just wondering, what do you think that they have planned? Do you think that they are going to want to draw him out? Since he hasn't written a letter."

Tom said, "yeah I think so."

I said, "oh that is what I was afraid of."

Tom said, "Alyssa you're safe. Please don't worry."

I said, "I just wish he would go back home. Leave me alone. I don't want anyone to get hurt Tom."

Tom said, "I know. I'm sorry. I know this has to be so hard on you."  He took my hand and held it.

I said, "How do you think that they will draw him out? Do you think they should wait awhile?"

Tom said, "Honestly I don't know how they will decide to do it, but I don't think we should wait any longer. He's already taking too much of your life. You shouldn't have to live in fear and be in hiding Alyssa. But just know that Adam will put the best plan in motion. He will not just throw some plan out there if it's not one that will keep you and all of us safe."