CHAPTER 22: ATTACKED

Alyssa's point of view:

Another letter came from that crazy freak.  And it scared me even more. Because not only will he be in town soon, but he knows exactly where I live. He wrote my address in the letter, saying how he did his research, that it was hard, but he managed to get my address.

Tom tried to reassure me and told me that this was a good thing.

The fact that my crazy stalker has my address, and will be in town soon, how is that a good thing.

Tom told me it means he slipped up. Letting me know that he knows where to find me.

Jordan came and we had a meeting with Adam, and Tom, Judy, Booker, Doug and Harry.

They all reassured me, and Jordan that they had this, that I was safe, and they had a plan. 

I sat and listened, as Adam and Tom explained the plan.

But their plan I don't like it. I don't like it one bit, and I told them that.

Tom tried to reassure me, that this would work.

I said, "no you guys can't do this, it's too dangerous. There has to be another way."

Judy was in on the plan, and begged Adam to let her be the decoy.

See their plan is to have cops there at my place, so when he gets there, hopefully they will catch him breaking and entering, and they can arrest him. If he just knocks on the door, they can get him for stalking, although Adam said that he didn't think that it would keep him behind bars, if it's just stalking, but I needed to get the paperwork started to get a restraining order against this guy, and once they have the guy and his name, that can get done.

Judy wanted to be the one and begged for Adam to let her.

I said, "Judy no. I don't want you to do this, it's too dangerous."

The guys all assured me that Judy would be safe at all times, that she wouldn't be alone.

I said, "I know she won't be, because I'll be there."

Tom said, "The hell you will. You are going to be at my house with me. There is no way in hell you are going anywhere near there."

I said, "it's my place, I don't want Judy at risk because of me. If something happens to her because of me."

She tried to reassure me. Dennis said, "Sweetheart, don't worry. I will stay with Judy. I will make sure Judy is safe. This is our best chance to get this guy in the act. Catch him off guard."

The last letter I got he said he would be in town on Saturday, and by evening he would be with me.

It was Thursday, when we had our meeting. I wanted to go see the kids at the hospital, and Jordan didn't want me to go, he wanted me to go straight home, but I insisted, so he said I could go as long as I had on disguise, even more than usual.

Tom went with me, and the kids were so happy to see him again.

We went home, and I could not shake the bad feeling I had.

Judy and the guys brought pizza over, and I was planning on making them change their mind.

I didn't like the idea of any woman being used as a decoy, whether it be Judy or another women cop.

The plan was to have them outside alone, walking in the front, wearing my clothes, one of my hoodies, with the hood pulled up, so that he could not see it wasn't me.

Tom told me to not worry about it, that the guys would make sure Judy was safe. Judy told me that this was her job, and she appreciated me worrying over her, but she knew what she was doing. And she also knew that she would be safe with Booker there.