CHAPTER 26: CONFESSIONS

Alyssa's view:

I just told Jake that we were going to have to move, and then Tom comes in and slams the door. I didn't know he was outside of the door.   He looks hurt and pissed.   I wish he never heard that.

Tom said, "What the hell Alyssa, did you just say you're leaving me for Booker."

I know he didn't mean it like that. And I would never leave him for Booker or for any man. I love this man. I know that now after my heart is breaking thinking of him and her.

I said, "Tom I."  I stopped. I mean I can't really get onto him for barging in, this is his house. And I really don't want to get onto him for wanting to go have sex. He's a man. He needs it, and I get it.

Tom said, "Alyssa what did I do? Why do you want to move out? I thought things were going great. I knew you were lying to me, about not being okay. Because even though it's only been a short time, I feel like I know you, and I could tell instantly that you were upset about something. I've been trying to figure out what it is, wishing you would stop lying to me, and tell me, so I could fix it. But I guess it's me? What did I do?"

I said, "Tom I'd really rather not get into this right now. If you could give me a few minutes, I'll be out and we can talk."

He said, "Fine 15 minutes. If you aren't out in 15 minutes I'll be back in."

Tom's view:

I need to calm down. I know I'm acting like a baby. And I hate it. For the first time, in my life I don't feel like much of a man. The way this girl has got in my head. I feel like losing her is going to devastate me so much that I won't recover.

She hasn't even left yet, and the pain inside is so deep it makes it hard to move, to breathe.

What am I going to do? I will not be able to handle her living with Booker. Booker will flirt with her nonstop, and if she's crying, and he hugs her, he won't stop, he will try and get sex with her. He won't be a gentleman like I am with her. I'm not saying he will rape her, but he will try and seduce her. And if she's upset, who knows.

I'll kill him if he sleeps with her.

I need to calm down so that I can talk to her calmly, and not upset her even more. Yelling at her is not a good idea. 

I hear the door to her bedroom open, and Jake comes running out. I take a deep breath.  Calm down Hanson. Don't make her even more mad at you. 

She said, "Jake let's go get you your lunch."  She walks by me, doesn't look and doesn't speak and heads to the kitchen.

She comes back. I'm standing there. I look at her.

I said, "Alyssa I'm sorry to barge in on you and invade your privacy like that."

She said, "No use for me to get mad about it, it's your house. And I know that you have your own life. You've been really great to let me live here with you. I know that I have a lot of baggage and it's okay. I get that you have needs, and I understand, I wish it was any other girl, but still I get it. It's okay. But I just am worried about my stalker, I know I can't move home, and I'd be too scared to go there, but I can't stay here if she is in your room, and I don't know where else to go. Doug has a girlfriend, I doubt she wants me moving in, Harry is on a case. Judy is on a case. I don't know if Jordan will let me stay at his house. I know he has to leave town. I think I'd be safe there."

What the hell is she talking about. Calm down Hanson. Don't yell at her.

I said, "Alyssa can you please sit down."  She sat down across from me in the recliner. I sat on the couch. Staring at her.